1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"
(message deleted)
3 years ago#62
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

MGS3

Doesn't count, as the MGS series doesn't have a coherent, sensible plot line. It's the crazed imaginings of a guy who is more or less insane.

really?....im sorry having a short attention span makes it difficult for you to understand MGS...which is one of the best series of all time
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
3 years ago#63
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...
Sequel, I can't remember a single prequel in video games that outshined it's "predecessor" in story matters. You already know what's going to happen, so that sense of suspense is completely lost.

MGS3

Doesn't count, as the MGS series doesn't have a coherent, sensible plot line. It's the crazed imaginings of a guy who is more or less insane.

shut up MGS is a great series, o yea i say prequel, i dont want a cannon ending
---
Naughty Bear for Playstation Allstars.
3 years ago#64
I don't care if they have to make a canon ending for ME3, not like our choices really mattered in the first place. Hopefully they will plan out ME 4/5/6 ahead of time so we have a coherent plot with choices that actually effect the game. They have 1 Trilogys worth of practice now, they should be able to get the 2nd one correct.
3 years ago#65
embrandedone posted...
Gee, asking for the opinions of the entitled masses who don't know a thing about gaming and deserve no respect?

Creatively bankrupt, much?

Troll
3 years ago#66
spacecowboy44 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...

MGS3

really?....im sorry having a short attention span makes it difficult for you to understand MGS...which is one of the best series of all time

I have an exceptional attention span, but you, like all MGS fans, confuse convolution with depth. The MGS series plays extremely well, but story wise it's absolute garbage. Having a short or lengthy attention span won't change that.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
3 years ago#67
PsyrenCall posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...
PsyrenCall posted...
I-ROX-HRD posted...
Wii0player posted...

MGS3

I have an exceptional attention span, but you, like all MGS fans, confuse convolution with depth. The MGS series plays extremely well, but story wise it's absolute garbage. Having a short or lengthy attention span won't change that.

you for one are confusing opinion with fact...and two have no idea what you are talking about
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
3 years ago#68
So, I started a thread on BSN in the General Discussion forums asking who the potential lead write would be for the next installment since the choice of prequel or sequel came up for debate. I gave credit to Walters for creating memorable characters, discussed the desire for Drew K or a Sci-Fi oriented author to return in favor of a blockbuster style approach, gave praise to Weekes and sought continued work from him and Dombrow, and sure enough it gets locked by Merizan.

Apparently a thread discussing ME3 writers and asking for info on the new project is unproductive: "This thread isn't productive and technically speaking, doesn't belong in the ME3 General Discussion forum at all. Please refrain from turning threads into places to revere or revile individual employees," Merizan.

*long sigh* Seriously? I read some of the criticisms and they were hardly revile in comparison to other posts I've seen go unmodded on BSN.
---
GT: BigRaff87
3 years ago#69

What gets me is that you claim to be right over millions of fans and game critics. What exactly makes you so qualified to make this call.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
3 years ago#70
Any future Mass Effect games with Casey Hudson's lying name in the credits are games I will be skipping. In fact, there is pretty much no way Bioware could win me back to future Mass Effect games without being the Adventures of Wrex.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Hudson: "Prequel or Sequel?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived