Balance Changes: 11/20/12

#41Enemy_AC130Posted 11/20/2012 3:02:55 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Not sure about the Batarian Slasher... I guess you could pull off some nice biotic explosions with Warp + Cluster Grenade and Warp + Lash, but it seems like an odd batch of powers for a melee-centric character.

He's not melee-centric. He's an adept.

sheepman23 posted...
I honestly don't know what to think about the Volus Protector. I guess I could see him as a great medic, zipping around the battlefield, reviving teammates and shield boosting, but I hate the cooldown of Biotic Orbs and I also don't think that charging into enemies is really a great idea for a volus.

Use biotic orbs once and enjoy the increased recharge speed. You don't need to fire off the orbs, especially not with the vanguard.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
I'm a **** wit
#42sheepman23Posted 11/20/2012 3:14:17 PM
Enemy_AC130 posted...
He's not melee-centric. He's an adept.

Well obviously he's not, but he still has his powerful Falcon Punch.

Use biotic orbs once and enjoy the increased recharge speed. You don't need to fire off the orbs, especially not with the vanguard.

I hadn't really thought about that... they just always seem so useless with the Adept, since I I'm constantly detonating Stasis with them.
---
Xbox Live - Sheepman2342
#43code_kirinPosted 11/20/2012 3:20:39 PM
Anything with Warp is a high tier damage dealer so long as they don't patch incendiary ammo, which I assure you will require an actual patch. Even warp ammo is really good with it. Warp -> Cluster grenade is just there for +50% BEs on demand.

I also agree with recharge orbs on the protector. He could be interesting to play. Hard to see how it will work in action without playing him though.
#44DuneManPosted 11/20/2012 4:42:04 PM
fennell92 posted...
Huh. Wonder why the volus sentinel is rare and not ultra rare. I mean, he's not nearly as useful as the other two but still.

His lack of new abilities would be my guess.

I find that he's best suited to being close combat support for teammates. Combat Drone, Decoy, and Shield Boost can greatly increase squad survivability.

That said, the Volus Engineer is still my favorite. Recon Mine is a wonderful ability.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao