and I'm reminded why teamwork makes this game so much easier

#1zerorush113087Posted 11/21/2012 1:17:35 AM
I try to make it a point if I'm playing randoms and I'm currently a class that compliments someone else in the party I'll do my best to support them, playing as a Volus and sticking with Vorchas or Krogan to keep their shields up etc. Never had that happen to me though before tonight.

Was playing a paladin and another guy in the party was a GE. He stayed by my side the entire match spamming his chain overload onto everything I hit with snap freeze, explosion city. The easiest and most enjoyable collector match I've ever had.
#2zhobanPosted 11/21/2012 2:13:27 AM
zerorush113087 posted...
I try to make it a point if I'm playing randoms and I'm currently a class that compliments someone else in the party I'll do my best to support them, playing as a Volus and sticking with Vorchas or Krogan to keep their shields up etc. Never had that happen to me though before tonight.

Was playing a paladin and another guy in the party was a GE. He stayed by my side the entire match spamming his chain overload onto everything I hit with snap freeze, explosion city. The easiest and most enjoyable collector match I've ever had.

Teamwork with randoms? Are you sure you weren't dreaming?
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#3BhelliumPosted 11/21/2012 2:24:09 AM(edited)
I know, it's weird, possibly unnatural and satanic
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#4FullMetalManiaPosted 11/21/2012 2:30:56 AM
That's funny, I was playing with a guy today who was a Paladin and everything was dying stupid fast. Of course, he had his cool downs super low so he was spamming Snap Freeze and Incinerate faster than I could do Warp -> Shockwave so we were getting mostly Cryo Explosions.

Only after I bled out in wave 8 (having used that last of my Medigel in a previous game) did I realize that 1) He was outscoring me by a mile when we were both off on our own anyway, so I should have just sucked it up and stuck with him (I like to top the scoreboard, sue me) and 2) We were killing everything SO FAST when we were together.

What would have tickled my ego way more, if not be quite as effective, is if the Volus I played with later had actually stuck next to me and spammed Shield Boost when I was playing my Geth Infiltrator. As it stood, he mostly ran around on his own and just kinda did dick for damage. The next game when I was a Slayer he stayed a little closer for maximum Phase Disruptor spam, though, so that was nice.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#5MalzelPosted 11/21/2012 2:36:14 AM
Once a decent Paladin starts rolling (some) players seem to get with the program.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#6DuneManPosted 11/21/2012 2:48:27 AM
That was one of the side benefits to Operation Gearhead: total team synergy for explosions everywhere. It's nice when you can find it. Yet in many games people don't seem to realize classes with Overload should be following around those with Snap Freeze or Flamer.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7andy12handyPosted 11/21/2012 4:40:16 AM(edited)
DuneMan posted...
That was one of the side benefits to Operation Gearhead: total team synergy for explosions everywhere. It's nice when you can find it. Yet in many games people don't seem to realize classes with Overload should be following around those with Snap Freeze or Flamer.

I had on a human engie with cryo rounds, another player as a geth engie, someone as a paladin, and someone playing another human engie.

We were basically licking the enemy's tears.

It was delicious.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#8gobuffalo30Posted 11/21/2012 5:21:26 AM
zerorush113087 posted...

Yeah, I was a GE with someone as a paladin so it might have been you I was teaming with. However, if I'm a Volus I'm not worried about the Vorcha because they regenerate health and they can stat it to regenerate quickly and a Krogan has enough health as is. However, I will spam shield boost constantly when around teammates. When everyone doesn't go down it's a piece of cake.
#9Mystery_CooperPosted 11/21/2012 5:41:39 AM
Malzel posted...
Once a decent Paladin starts rolling (some) players seem to get with the program.

This. After the first few extremely loud Cryo Explosions detonate, the detonator, at the very least, starts to stick around the Paladin. The others... well, that's more varied.
---
its literally been a day and you want to quickban something. i thought it was quickban not usainboltban. - ballabrown24 from Smogon
#10sheepman23Posted 11/21/2012 5:56:27 AM
It's always really nice when you can get some synergy with another teammate. Whenever in the lobby, I always try to make sure that my abilities will gel well with the others; for instance, if there's atleast one other Adept in the group, I'll switch to my Fury or Asari Adept and then follow them around to produce as many biotic explosions as possible.

Fire explosions are boss... I've just gotten in the habit of following anyone with Flamer around while playing as an Engineer class.