Would you play ME4 if it took after low ems destroy? (spoilers)

#1pcmike2Posted 11/22/2012 6:43:35 PM
Shepard is known as a legend for destroying the reapers, but the galaxy is left in rubble. The complete destruction of the mass relays has separated the galaxy, different races are scattered throughout the galaxy with no means of access to anyone else. Future tech like omni tools still exist, but most are available to those who can afford them. The lack of resources has led to conflict between species and new tribes.

You are lone survivor on earth after the reaper war. Somehow you get a ship, explore the galaxy, get crewmates, and fix the galaxy to unite it either in your rule (renegade) or a council (paragon). Oh, and you kill the other antagonist who wants the same goal as you.
Basically it's fallout/fable in mass effect. Would you play it?
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2SageOfLifePosted 11/22/2012 6:46:26 PM
Ugh. No. Making the bad ending canon is a sure way for any series to jump the shark. The only exception I can think of is the Shadow Hearts series, and that's because of time loops.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#3Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/22/2012 6:51:37 PM
No. If they go sequel, via a canonized Destroy ending, it'd have to be High EMS to appease the fans. It'd open the possibility for the fates of your crew, Shep, and the galaxy before hand to be made known.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#4PsyrenCallPosted 11/22/2012 6:56:29 PM
No, as that would just be too depressing. The ME trilogy is futile enough as it is thanks to the ending of ME3, nothing makes a series worse than another game in the series retroactively making the events of the game end in failure. It's like how up until Star Ocean 3, I enjoyed the franchise... then halfway through you learn that the characters are all living out one big, giant MMORPG and it makes the other games in the series and SO3 meaningless.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#5MurphysGhostPosted 11/22/2012 7:22:37 PM
@ TC - Yep.

A low EMS Destroy aftermath could have plenty of interesting stuff going on.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6Chr0noidPosted 11/22/2012 7:51:34 PM
The only way I'd play ME 4 is if Casey Hudson prostrated himself on live TV for 5 minutes straight and then made a verbal apology for lying out his ass to every Mass Effect fan who ever existed.

Honestly, at this point it's less about the ending and more about absolution. If Bioware simply had the humility to come out and say "The ending was a complete mistake and we done ****ed up" I would be more than happy to not give a **** about how crappy the ending is at this point, with or without the EC. I would be overjoyed and gladly give Bioware more of my money. Seeing as how hell will freeze over before that ever happens though....
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#7Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/22/2012 8:08:00 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
The only way I'd play ME 4 is if Casey Hudson prostrated himself on live TV for 5 minutes straight and then made a verbal apology for lying out his ass to every Mass Effect fan who ever existed.

Honestly, at this point it's less about the ending and more about absolution. If Bioware simply had the humility to come out and say "The ending was a complete mistake and we done ****ed up" I would be more than happy to not give a **** about how crappy the ending is at this point, with or without the EC. I would be overjoyed and gladly give Bioware more of my money. Seeing as how hell will freeze over before that ever happens though....

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4199/motivator1b2e6e231f3635.jpg
---
GT: BigRaff87
#8SageOfLifePosted 11/22/2012 8:10:26 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
Fo_Fai posted...

Is it wrong that I laughed at that?
---
I am the lizard queen!
#9Chr0noidPosted 11/22/2012 8:16:13 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
Fo_Fai posted...

The ending molested the **** out of what used to be a healthy psyche of mine.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#10incinerator950Posted 11/22/2012 8:17:36 PM
I wouldn't play ME4 or ME fist of humanity or ME Miranda stripper edition, simply because of EA syndrome.
---
DS2 improves on DS in nearly every single way. problem with DS2 is that you're having too much fun to be scared.~sc0ttmst