Just finished game and saw ending for first time (Oh my lord)

#1King_MadnessPosted 11/22/2012 9:20:07 PM
.............What?

I'll be brief. I can understand putting this ending at the end of one game. As in, you have a single game, then you give it this ending, then it's over. Okay fine.

But when you put fans through three games, creating a richer and richer history, a better and better game, and a bigger and bigger fanbase, would one not expect something more....substantial? Three games, and the fans were given a shoddy ending, after all the storytelling and character development, it all meant nothing in the end.

I'm not a hardcore fan. I've played a bit of the other games but didn't finish them. I'm very glad I didn't. If I was a hardcore fan of this series, I'd feel betrayed lmfao. Like I'd feel mad dirty.
---
Giants~Yankees~Knicks~Mavs
THE NEW YORK GIANTS NFL CHAMPIONS!
#2Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/22/2012 9:21:40 PM
We've done it, Marty! We are back in March of this year!
---
GT: BigRaff87
#3NafzgerPosted 11/22/2012 9:21:44 PM
Yeah, it's a great ending to the game we got. It just so happens that the game we got is a terrible Mass Effect.

I sincerely hope ME4 is actually just the real ME3, and they rewrite the entire thing. ME3 can be a fun MP interquel that Shepard had as a nightmare the night before he turned himself in to the Alliance.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#4NickiousPosted 11/22/2012 9:22:11 PM
Join the club.
---
"But... it was so artistically done." Thrawn
#5LilyxLightningPosted 11/22/2012 9:23:36 PM
...because the activation of the Crucible undoes all of the genocides you've committed, all of the relationships you've forged, and all of the lives you've saved.

Generic "every little thing didn't have a specific effect on the ending, therefore everything meant nothing!" rant.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#6YamatoBeatsPosted 11/22/2012 9:25:20 PM
There was nothing wrong with the ending. Shep dying is the best thing to happen to the franchise. Now they can focus on developing an actual character and not some monotonous CAC.
#7WatermelonFartsPosted 11/22/2012 9:26:15 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
...because the activation of the Crucible undoes all of the genocides you've committed, all of the relationships you've forged, and all of the lives you've saved.

Generic "every little thing didn't have a specific effect on the ending, therefore everything meant nothing!" rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neWLnRIi0io
#8Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/22/2012 9:26:28 PM
Did you finish it with or without the EC installed?
#9MurphysGhostPosted 11/22/2012 9:26:51 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
We've done it, Marty! We are back in March of this year!

---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10fluffybunny937Posted 11/22/2012 9:32:27 PM
What did you have Extended Cut downloaded? Because that makes a slight difference.

Not much, but at least we get an epilogue of the long term effects or our pre-crucible choices in the context of which crucible choice we made.