Just finished game and saw ending for first time (Oh my lord)

#31shagohad3Posted 11/22/2012 11:09:21 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
shagohad3 posted...
You heartless jerk, how dare you choose the destroy ending. You eradicated the geth and proved Starchild right.

Please tell me your fist argument for preserving the Geth secretly doesn't hinge on Legion being your buddy.

I'm not going to lie, Legion is a part of it, but the Geth genuinely wanted to make peace and co-exist with organics, the exact opposite of what Starchild said happens.
---
PSN: shagohad12
"Quick! Change the channel!" Zangeif, the only funny line in the street fighter movie.
#32Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/22/2012 11:15:59 PM
shagohad3 posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
shagohad3 posted...
You heartless jerk, how dare you choose the destroy ending. You eradicated the geth and proved Starchild right.

Please tell me your fist argument for preserving the Geth secretly doesn't hinge on Legion being your buddy.

I'm not going to lie, Legion is a part of it, but the Geth genuinely wanted to make peace and co-exist with organics, the exact opposite of what Starchild said happens.

I'm completely cool with that argument, but when I hear people only wanting to save the Geth because Legion is "uber-kewl," they lose validity. To me, I really don't trust the Catalyst. You prove him wrong the entire game. He is right a few times, like when it comes to EDI's remarks about Cerberus to Javik, but otherwise you prove him wrong repeatedly. The Geth unfortunately took Reaper code and knew Shepard was going to destroy the Reapers and the code in the process, and thus probably themselves as well. I am sure EDI was aware of this, too. While Synthesis seems like the best ending, I don't trust that it's the best answer when I just proved the Catalyst wrong in uniting all those alien forces, finishing the Crucible, making peace with Organics and Synthetics, and everything else in-between.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#33Mr_PipboyPosted 11/22/2012 11:16:58 PM
Charmile posted...
shagohad3 posted...
ou heartless jerk, how dare you choose the destroy ending. You eradicated the geth and proved Starchild right.

Can you really make the second claim if we haven't even opened Schrödinger's Box yet?

http://tinyurl.com/chpogs3
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#34donkeyofdestinyPosted 11/22/2012 11:18:26 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
donkeyofdestiny posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3B_F6P-w-Q

Was I supposed to like that as much as I did?

her ***** bald like caillou

Almost sig worthy...
---
So I just bought a roast beef sandwich with carmalized onions. There is no roast beef on this sandwich. - Number4429
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#35shagohad3Posted 11/22/2012 11:19:08 PM
Rafficus_III posted...
shagohad3 posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
shagohad3 posted...

I'm completely cool with that argument, but when I hear people only wanting to save the Geth because Legion is "uber-kewl," they lose validity. To me, I really don't trust the Catalyst. You prove him wrong the entire game. He is right a few times, like when it comes to EDI's remarks about Cerberus to Javik, but otherwise you prove him wrong repeatedly. The Geth unfortunately took Reaper code and knew Shepard was going to destroy the Reapers and the code in the process, and thus probably themselves as well. I am sure EDI was aware of this, too. While Synthesis seems like the best ending, I don't trust that it's the best answer when I just proved the Catalyst wrong in uniting all those alien forces, finishing the Crucible, making peace with Organics and Synthetics, and everything else in-between.

Well the the geth only worked with the reapers because the quarians attacked their orb thing and lowered their colective intelligence. I really wish Bioware had let me throw the geth-quarian co-existance thing in Starchilds face.
---
"Quick! Change the channel!" Zangeif, the only funny line in the street fighter movie.
#36WatermelonFartsPosted 11/22/2012 11:20:42 PM

Was I supposed to like that as much as I did?

her ***** bald like caillou

Almost sig worthy...

if only i could say that uncensored. for now the song suffices
---
#37shagohad3Posted 11/22/2012 11:21:42 PM
Charmile posted...
shagohad3 posted...
ou heartless jerk, how dare you choose the destroy ending. You eradicated the geth and proved Starchild right.

Can you really make the second claim if we haven't even opened Schrödinger's Box yet?

Do you mean pandora's box? From what i know Schrödinger only had a cat, which he did not microwave.
---
#38NafzgerPosted 11/22/2012 11:22:34 PM
shagohad3 posted...
Well the the geth only worked with the reapers because the quarians attacked their orb thing and lowered their colective intelligence. I really wish Bioware had let me throw the geth-quarian co-existance thing in Starchilds face.

Yeah, because one example completely invalidates millions of years of the exact opposite happening.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#39CharmilePosted 11/22/2012 11:29:05 PM(edited)
shagohad3 posted...
Charmile posted...
shagohad3 posted...

Do you mean pandora's box? From what i know Schrödinger only had a cat, which he did not microwave.

No the concept of the cat in a box; there could be good and bad consequences of the final choice, but we won't know until ME4 comes out, hence opening the box, if they even address that.

As to the part about throwing coexistence in Star Child's face, it would probably go something like this

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30664516.jpg
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#40donkeyofdestinyPosted 11/22/2012 11:31:08 PM
if only i could say that uncensored. for now the song suffices

I say we overthrow the censor happy overlords.
---
So I just bought a roast beef sandwich with carmalized onions. There is no roast beef on this sandwich. - Number4429
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny