Just finished game and saw ending for first time (Oh my lord)

#51Sir_Burpalot21Posted 11/23/2012 12:52:40 AM
You know when you've got a **** ending on hand when the "it was all a dream" ending starts to sound preferable (Indoctrination Theory).

Mass Effect was probably doomed from the start due to Bioware's tendency to build around "choices" that rarely amounted to anything.
With ME3 they could have gone all out with the ending paths, but it all played out the same. Either a result of Bioware's innate incompetence or EA's desire to milk the ME franchise more (likely both).

Switching writers halfway through was also very problematic as ME3 threw out all the buildup and speculation from the first two games in favor of ****ing Star Child. And good lord, I have never experienced anything as forced as Vent Boy.

Ha! Bioware getting defensive about their artistic vision??? Saying that their artistic vision should be respected? With ME3 Bioware completely scrapped some of the biggest parts of their original artistic vision. That is prime hypocrisy right there.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#52LilyxLightningPosted 11/23/2012 3:56:35 AM
Given that Indoctrination Theory revolves around deluding yourself into believing that one choice is "right" and the other choices are "wrong", if you think that's better then you shouldn't be playing Mass Effect.

It's very amusing how the people who whine about the ending of Mass Effect make it very clear that they're not the kind of people Mass Effect is aimed towards.
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#53SageOfLifePosted 11/23/2012 3:59:15 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
Given that Indoctrination Theory revolves around deluding yourself into believing that one choice is "right" and the other choices are "wrong", if you think that's better then you shouldn't be playing Mass Effect.

It's very amusing how the people who whine about the ending of Mass Effect make it very clear that they're not the kind of people Mass Effect is aimed towards.

It might have something to do with the other options being just that bad.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#54LilyxLightningPosted 11/23/2012 4:03:08 AM
SageOfLife posted...

Oh noes, options that some people don't approve of! How terrible it is that a series about making difficult decisions ends with a difficult decision! How awful that other players are allowed to choose something that you don't like!
---
"You have the right to remain SILENT!!!" - Jack Slate, Dead to Rights: Retribution
#55SageOfLifePosted 11/23/2012 4:05:51 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
SageOfLife posted...

Oh noes, options that some people don't approve of! How terrible it is that a series about making difficult decisions ends with a difficult decision! How awful that other players are allowed to choose something that you don't like!

Options that, at the time, made no sense, and came out of nowhere. We still have no build-up or context for synthesis.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#56LilyxLightningPosted 11/23/2012 4:09:11 AM
SageOfLife posted...
Options that, at the time, made no sense, and came out of nowhere. We still have no build-up or context for synthesis.

Yeah, because we totally didn't have a character who sought to control the Reapers in ME3! And we totally didn't hear about a group from a previous cycle who sought to control the Reapers!

And it's not like the Catalyst has created organic/synthetic hybrids previously! Or that Synthesis parallels what Saren sought to achieve from serving the Reapers!
---
#57SageOfLifePosted 11/23/2012 4:17:11 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
SageOfLife posted...

Yeah, because we totally didn't have a character who sought to control the Reapers in ME3! And we totally didn't hear about a group from a previous cycle who sought to control the Reapers!

And it's not like the Catalyst has created organic/synthetic hybrids previously! Or that Synthesis parallels what Saren sought to achieve from serving the Reapers!

The people wanting to control the Reapers were universally painted as wrong and were all indoctrinated.

All the synthetic-organic hybrids created by the Reapers previously were mindless monsters. Saren didn't want synthesis. He wanted survival through submission.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#58NafzgerPosted 11/23/2012 5:45:42 AM
XgArrancar posted...
Nafzger posted...
Yeah, it's a great ending to the game we got. It just so happens that the game we got is a terrible Mass Effect.

I sincerely hope ME4 is actually just the real ME3, and they rewrite the entire thing. ME3 can be a fun MP interquel that Shepard had as a nightmare the night before he turned himself in to the Alliance.

You sincerely hope bioware pulls "it was all a dream" on all ME3 players? I don't know what you're on, but give me some of that.

Well, right now I'm pretending that ME3 is a standalone MP title, and the standalone MP title bankrupted the ME division of BioWare, so there will never be a true ME3. That's how I cope with the terrible game they **** upon us.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#59King_Madness(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 6:31:20 AM
I woke this morning.........I was thinking about all the touching scenes Shepard had with Liara (the love interest I choose). I wish a happy ending where they ended up together was in the game :( Built a lot of relationships and they were all destroyed at the very end :(

I'm still not satisfied like I thought I was yesterday. I put 50 hours into this game for nothing....eh
---
Giants~Yankees~Knicks~Mavs
THE NEW YORK GIANTS NFL CHAMPIONS!
#60King_Madness(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 6:41:04 AM
Also, I have a question. Was the galactic readiness thing completely worthless? No matter how high you got it, what did it do? What was the point of that addition?

The ending seems to have made so many things worthless >.>
---
Giants~Yankees~Knicks~Mavs
THE NEW YORK GIANTS NFL CHAMPIONS!