Accidentally Solo'd gold....

#1GoldenSWarriorsPosted 11/22/2012 11:04:45 PM
So I join up with some randoms, and since I'm using a level 14 turian havoc soldier with no equipment I'm just hoping to not get kicked, and I don't really look at my teammate's classes.

Well I just about had the worst team you could possibly imagine. Despite me having 20+ revives, I ended up soloing pretty much every wave. The only medi gels my teammates used were on waves 1 and 2, when I was right next to them and could have revived them. The only rocket my entire team used was on wave 4 or 5 I think when there was 1 enemy left. We got full extraction, but the game took about 50 minutes.

I had 193,000 points

The rest of the team combined didn't even add up to my score. Not even with all of their points from extraction, killstreaks, unknown map/enemy, gold challenge, etc.

Moral of the story, avoid playing with randoms at all costs.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#2OEIO999Posted 11/22/2012 11:16:41 PM
Did you manage to get a glimpse of what they were carrying? (weapons/equipment's)
#3XgArrancarPosted 11/22/2012 11:23:07 PM
That is why you ALWAYS scrutinize all of your teammates load-outs. What could be a good sub-20 minute match will turn into a sigh-inducing 30+ minute carry.

By the way, what was your loadout, and did you at least use gear?
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#4GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 11:36:12 PM
XgArrancar posted...
That is why you ALWAYS scrutinize all of your teammates load-outs. What could be a good sub-20 minute match will turn into a sigh-inducing 30+ minute carry.

By the way, what was your loadout, and did you at least use gear?

I used a harrier and had medi gel transmitter. Idk what my teammates had, I think a female quarian with an acolyte, a geth engineer, and some other guy who was always dead so I never got a look at him.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#5Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/23/2012 12:02:13 AM
Wow, I don't think I've ever played alongside a team that was this bad, although I did once play a Gold match on White alongside a level 20 Drell Adept who kept dying multiple times every wave and expected others to revive him, was using a Geth Pulse Rifle I and who failed to score even a single kill even by wave 5. By the end of the match, I think his score was only 7-8k tops, and he had the good sense to quickly leave the lobby right after that.
#6MantleNotMousePosted 11/23/2012 12:05:42 AM
This is why I avoid gold with randoms. I rage if I have to carry on silver, on gold I would just say "f*** it" and die, then find a new lobby. You're a more understanding man than me lol
---
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
#7Hui_TianPosted 11/23/2012 1:10:43 AM
remember back in the day when you played Gold for the first time, just because you thought Silver was playable and you wanted to see what gold was, and you got your booty handed to you by wave 5 because you were inexperienced?

yeah, there are still people of that caliber who play on gold.
I'm not surprised by that happening to you, because there are now a lot more experienced Gold Players than before, but it still is LOL-able when something like that hppens
#8JetblackmoonPosted 11/23/2012 1:33:22 AM
I know that feel. Playing PUGs without at least one other decent person can be unbearable.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#9sheepman23Posted 11/23/2012 5:56:55 AM
I know the feeling...

As someone who has no mic and no friends who play ME3 (they're too busy playing Halo, CoD, etc.), I'm forced to go in with randoms every time I play Gold.

Sometimes, we'll get a really good team that works well together and knows when to cause explosions and how to move around so that we don't get swarmed by enemies.

Other times... I mean, honestly, how is using a rocket against ONE enemy possibly going to benefit the team? Also, just because you have a Harrier doesn't mean you're invincible. Ugh.
#10NafzgerPosted 11/23/2012 5:59:18 AM
Oh load out, huh?

Last night I topped a gold game using a level 12 human soldier with no points in adrenaline rush and an Avenger X, and only used two rockets and no other consumables.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.