How do you guys even play on gold?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. How do you guys even play on gold?

User Info: bloodgod92

bloodgod92
4 years ago#1
I have just saved a wipe (only to fail 2 rounds later) I joined after it started, everyone died pretty quick and I had to take on a brute, banshee 2 marauders and 4-5 cannibals... it took me like 7 minutes, 3 medgel packs 2 shield/hp re-fillers and I had no missiles, on a paladin with a rank 2 piranha as his only weapon... my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was sweating, how do you guys even play on this difficulty? I nearly wet myself... not with laughter...
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#2
You need better weapons. Gold is very hard with low level or common weapons.
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: Enemy_AC130

Enemy_AC130
4 years ago#3
I start by not caring if someone steals my kill.
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
I'm a **** wit

bloodgod92
4 years ago#4
bessy67 posted...

I get that, but I also meant physically, I managed so save the team that round, on my own, but I could feel my heart beating so fast and hard I thought there was an earthquake...
Gamer Tag - Aldora92

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#5
Enemy_AC130 posted...
I start by not caring if someone steals my kill.

C'mon now, we can all be friends here. Now, shake hands and make up.
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: AlabamaLove

AlabamaLove
4 years ago#6
stay mobile
i'm assuming you have range cryo freeze
anyway, i'd be cryo freezing constantly as a paladin
http://i.imgur.com/bgevz.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif

User Info: MasterVash

MasterVash
4 years ago#7
bessy67 posted...

I get that, but I also meant physically, I managed so save the team that round, on my own, but I could feel my heart beating so fast and hard I thought there was an earthquake...

You get used to it. Eventually you become accustomed to playing Gold and occasionally having to solo a wave.

Kinda like skydiving (probably), where you're scared ****less your first time but eventually the fear just goes away.
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit

bloodgod92
4 years ago#8
AlabamaLove posted...
stay mobile
i'm assuming you have range cryo freeze
anyway, i'd be cryo freezing constantly as a paladin

I was constantly moving, so much so that I lost were the enemies were at (which is what killed) so i needed to use alll 3 medigels...

I was took out the brute with my shotgun/incinerate, energy drained/incinerated the maruaders from afar and used my long range snap freeze on cannibals before putting a round in there heads... but the hard part was the banshee, as I only had the one weapon equipped, no missiles, I had to backtrack, using energy drin then kept unloading my shotgun and incineration when the barrier was down... toughest fight of my life, I don;t think I wil be playing more gold soon...

my heart is still racing:)
Gamer Tag - Aldora92

User Info: turtle225

turtle225
4 years ago#9
you get used to the added pressure on gold. I thought silver was crazy when I first got my feet wet, and the same with gold,

the more you play gold, the easier it will become, and eventually you won't feel the pressure so much

EDIT: against the banshess you should snap freeze -> energy drain until the barriers are down. Should only take 2-3 freeze combos. Then snap freeze -> incinerate the armor. Shoot the pirahna while on cooldown
,=,e

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
4 years ago#10
Don't be afraid to use consumables.If you win and extract you get around 80.000 gold.With 33.000 gold you can buy 5 of every consumable so you will always have a profit.
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. How do you guys even play on gold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived