How do you guys even play on gold?

#1bloodgod92Posted 11/25/2012 11:03:15 AM
I have just saved a wipe (only to fail 2 rounds later) I joined after it started, everyone died pretty quick and I had to take on a brute, banshee 2 marauders and 4-5 cannibals... it took me like 7 minutes, 3 medgel packs 2 shield/hp re-fillers and I had no missiles, on a paladin with a rank 2 piranha as his only weapon... my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was sweating, how do you guys even play on this difficulty? I nearly wet myself... not with laughter...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#2bessy67Posted 11/25/2012 11:05:00 AM
You need better weapons. Gold is very hard with low level or common weapons.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Enemy_AC130Posted 11/25/2012 11:06:16 AM
I start by not caring if someone steals my kill.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv4g3m.jpg
I'm a **** wit
#4bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 11:07:15 AM
bessy67 posted...

I get that, but I also meant physically, I managed so save the team that round, on my own, but I could feel my heart beating so fast and hard I thought there was an earthquake...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
#5bessy67Posted 11/25/2012 11:07:23 AM
Enemy_AC130 posted...
I start by not caring if someone steals my kill.

C'mon now, we can all be friends here. Now, shake hands and make up.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6AlabamaLovePosted 11/25/2012 11:09:50 AM
stay mobile
i'm assuming you have range cryo freeze
anyway, i'd be cryo freezing constantly as a paladin
---
http://i.imgur.com/bgevz.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif
#7MasterVashPosted 11/25/2012 11:13:17 AM
bessy67 posted...

I get that, but I also meant physically, I managed so save the team that round, on my own, but I could feel my heart beating so fast and hard I thought there was an earthquake...

You get used to it. Eventually you become accustomed to playing Gold and occasionally having to solo a wave.

Kinda like skydiving (probably), where you're scared ****less your first time but eventually the fear just goes away.
---
"Someone at BioWare ate lunch?! Must mean new Ham Sandwich faction!"
-Bahslel, from Reddit
#8bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 11:14:12 AM
AlabamaLove posted...
stay mobile
i'm assuming you have range cryo freeze
anyway, i'd be cryo freezing constantly as a paladin

I was constantly moving, so much so that I lost were the enemies were at (which is what killed) so i needed to use alll 3 medigels...

I was took out the brute with my shotgun/incinerate, energy drained/incinerated the maruaders from afar and used my long range snap freeze on cannibals before putting a round in there heads... but the hard part was the banshee, as I only had the one weapon equipped, no missiles, I had to backtrack, using energy drin then kept unloading my shotgun and incineration when the barrier was down... toughest fight of my life, I don;t think I wil be playing more gold soon...

my heart is still racing:)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
#9turtle225Posted 11/25/2012 11:17:31 AM(edited)
you get used to the added pressure on gold. I thought silver was crazy when I first got my feet wet, and the same with gold,

the more you play gold, the easier it will become, and eventually you won't feel the pressure so much

EDIT: against the banshess you should snap freeze -> energy drain until the barriers are down. Should only take 2-3 freeze combos. Then snap freeze -> incinerate the armor. Shoot the pirahna while on cooldown
---
,=,e
#10Safer_777Posted 11/25/2012 11:17:02 AM
Don't be afraid to use consumables.If you win and extract you get around 80.000 gold.With 33.000 gold you can buy 5 of every consumable so you will always have a profit.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~