How do you guys even play on gold?

#31Mr_PipboyPosted 11/25/2012 1:34:00 PM
AlabamaLove posted...
I don't really like playing Krogan... they are too big which makes me feel like they are moving really slowly, and I can't do with that, I need to feel quick on my feet...

And my Paladin needs hit shotgun to shatter his frozen enemies faster then waiting for CDs ;) It is an automatic so doesn't take very long :)

only reason you're waiting on CD is because you're carrying a shotty >_>
you should be causing cryo/fire explosions constantly

True. A Paladin with a light pistol (Acolyte) or the geth assault rifle using incendiary ammo is one of the best power classes you can use. Prime with the gun, explode with the power.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#32AlabamaLovePosted 11/25/2012 1:43:17 PM
AlabamaLove posted...
I don't really like playing Krogan... they are too big which makes me feel like they are moving really slowly, and I can't do with that, I need to feel quick on my feet...

And my Paladin needs hit shotgun to shatter his frozen enemies faster then waiting for CDs ;) It is an automatic so doesn't take very long :)

True. A Paladin with a light pistol (Acolyte) or the geth assault rifle using incendiary ammo is one of the best power classes you can use. Prime with the gun, explode with the power.

it's also fun as well as badass to slap a phantom with a fire shield and and blow them up with cryo freeze
---
http://i.imgur.com/bgevz.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif
#33bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:45:33 PM
AlabamaLove posted...

I don't like any of my other weapons :) And it is a good shotgun :)

Mr_Pipboy posted...

As above, my favourite and best weapon is probably my piranha, despite me having a few URs and I don't know the detonations for my pala, I just freeze and headshot everything :)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#34AlabamaLovePosted 11/25/2012 1:46:58 PM
AlabamaLove posted...

I don't like any of my other weapons :) And it is a good shotgun :)

Mr_Pipboy posted...

As above, my favourite and best weapon is probably my piranha, despite me having a few URs and I don't know the detonations for my pala, I just freeze and headshot everything :)

the thing is you don't even really need a weapon all that much as a paladin
---
http://i.minus.com/ioX3H60vNKXzY.gif http://i.imgur.com/Gqlg3.gif
#35bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:49:40 PM
AlabamaLove posted...
the thing is you don't even really need a weapon all that much as a paladin

Probably not, but I still need to learn how to use it :) As I said, I don't even know its detonations yet but I am still pretty decent on it :)
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
#36bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:52:13 PM
I like shotguns (used to hate them before I knew how to use them :) ) they are probably my favourite weapon type now, my Piranha leaves me at +117% recharge speed, but my lightest leaves me at 140% (Wraith I) I like the automatic feature of the Piranha though, makes me feel useful rather then carrying around a peashooter...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
#37bessy67Posted 11/25/2012 1:54:03 PM
bloodgod92 posted...
I like shotguns (used to hate them before I knew how to use them :) ) they are probably my favourite weapon type now, my Piranha leaves me at +117% recharge speed, but my lightest leaves me at 140% (Wraith I) I like the automatic feature of the Piranha though, makes me feel useful rather then carrying around a peashooter...

Wraith is definitely not a peashooter. I only have a Wraith III but I can wreck faces with it on gold.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#38MalzelPosted 11/25/2012 1:59:59 PM(edited)
You're more helpful to your team if you just don't use your gun. Carry a Predator or something.

Keep in mind Snap Freeze is bugged in that combos it detonates will come out of the Paladin's body, so you'll have to be in close proximity. Energy Drain will only contribute to combos if used against shields/barriers for some reason;

Snap Freeze -> Incinerate = Cryo Explosion
Snap Freeze -> Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers remaining) = Cryo Explosion
Incinerate -> Snap Freeze = Fire Explosion (from Paladin's body)
Incinerate -> Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) = Fire Explosion
Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) -> Snap Freeze = Tech Burst (from Paladin's body)
Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) -> Incinerate = Tech Burst

You'll be contributing a lot more by constantly debuffing, priming and detonating explosions than waiting on cooldown and just shooting.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#39md22mdrxPosted 11/25/2012 2:00:05 PM
You need to have the right mix. Biotic/tech explosions do wonders. Make sure to prepare for barrier/shields, but armor is probably the thing you worry about the most. Most of your boss-level enemies are armored underneath.

Loved running 4 (different) engies (Geth engie my fav) against Geth. Virtually everything exploded and died quickly. Made sure to outfit with AP rounds. Didn't have to worry much even with the "disarm 4" missions. I guess 3 engies and an infiltrator would have been ideal, but the tech explosions were intense with 4.
#40bloodgod92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:03:28 PM
Malzel posted...
You're more helpful to your team if you just don't use your gun. Carry a Predator or something.

Keep in mind Snap Freeze is bugged in that combos it detonates will come out of the Paladin's body, so you'll have to be in close proximity. Energy Drain will only contribute to combos if used against shields/barriers for some reason;

Snap Freeze -> Incinerate = Cryo Explosion
Snap Freeze -> Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers remaining) = Cryo Explosion
Incinerate -> Snap Freeze = Fire Explosion (from Paladin's body)
Incinerate -> Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) = Fire Explosion
Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) -> Snap Freeze = Tech Burst (from Paladin's body)
Energy Drain (on target with shields/barriers) -> Incinerate = Tech Burst

You'll be contributing a lot more by constantly debuffing, priming and detonating explosions than waiting on cooldown and just shooting.

Thanks for the list, but it still seems for me to be useful without a decent weapon I would need to focus on shielded targets only, and be pretty close to them :( I will have a go with a lighter weapon, but parting with my 6 shot, revolving fully automatic shotgun will be pretty hard... I named her Bessy...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92