How do you guys even play on gold?

#91manbearpig654Posted 11/25/2012 11:16:35 PM
Astra234 posted...
bessy67 posted...
You need better weapons. Gold is very hard with low level or common weapons.

So what level weapons should a person have before attempting gold? I can play silver consistantly now and I want to work up to gold, but I don't want to be a huge burden on my temamates.

I wouldnt say that. You need to have all your mods and a decent stock of consumables.
---
Ah, yes! I was wondering what would break first! Your spirit...or your body.
#92Astra234Posted 11/25/2012 11:25:09 PM
Malzel posted...
Astra234 posted...
bessy67 posted...

So what level weapons should a person have before attempting gold? I can play silver consistantly now and I want to work up to gold, but I don't want to be a huge burden on my temamates.

Have a Mattock X. It should still be serviceable.

haha, well cr**. I have a it at 1..guess I'll hold off a bit lol.
#93Halo_ForeverPosted 11/26/2012 12:04:28 AM
sheepman23 posted...
You generally will need to just keep moving - as others have pointed out, camping is not an easy thing on Gold and you'll most likely get swarmed by enemies unless you're in a secluded area where they can easily be picked off (like the hallway in Firebase Hydra).

Firebase Giant is quite easy to camp against Cerberus. I've done it quite a lot with a team and it works rather well. However it is somewhat slow (20-25 minutes since the enemies are coming to you).

If you want fast matches TC Geth/Glacier has worked rather well (even someone like me can have 18 minute Gold matches there).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#94Halo_ForeverPosted 11/26/2012 12:12:19 AM
Astra234 posted...
bessy67 posted...

If you are accurate a Mantis X on a class with Stasis can be devastating against regular troops. You can complement it with an Eagle or Hurricane if you've gotten them from commendation packs. Also an Acolyte even at level 1 does ridiculous damage. The Phaeston with armor piercing mods/ ammo can also dish out decent damage.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#95SodaPop101Posted 11/26/2012 12:12:56 AM
Playing with a group you know really helps. We end up just joking around and the match is over before we know it.

Except on Dagger. Even when we do it within 20 mins it feels like 40.
#96Ryan-06Posted 11/26/2012 12:15:44 AM
bloodgod92 posted...
bessy67 posted...

I get that, but I also meant physically, I managed so save the team that round, on my own, but I could feel my heart beating so fast and hard I thought there was an earthquake...

Lol what? tc you may be prone to stress. stress disorders etc. Panic attacks are a more severe version.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
SWEET BUTTERY JESUS. Look at her... i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#97overkill_78Posted 11/26/2012 3:03:20 AM
Edgar_Allen_Bro posted...
lol look at this neckbeard thinking he's cool by insulting the swagtastic among him. Hey, I know what words mean to. You know that raff means trash? Guess your name fits. Don't even try to step to Swagamemnon kid.

Neckbeard? Nah, just because someone calls you out on your terrible choice of words in insulting another person doesn't make someone a neckbeard. But then again, this conversation is pointless as I could be the all-singing, all-dancing penguin in Antarctica. And yes, I do know what my surname means: it derives from the Germanic and English terms of wolf and counsel. The more you know. Anyways, I'm done with you.

you took him waaaay to seriously
http://i.imgur.com/JcncC.gif

That gif is glorious.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#98EvaPilot1Posted 11/26/2012 3:07:12 AM(edited)
Ideally you'd be level 20 and have a powerful weapon, and probably some equipment. Everyone does that, you are alright.

I tried platinum and cried once though.
---
Gummy Bears! For candy this delicious, you'll chew off your own leg!
#99Safer_777Posted 11/26/2012 3:25:00 AM
Also you can try a Krogan Vanguard until you see what is going on Gold.With Barrier for full damage protection,maximum health and shields and Charge you can survive a lot of hits.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#100Ryan-06Posted 11/26/2012 3:46:10 AM(edited)
Rafficus_III posted...
WatermelonFarts posted...

don't talk **** on Edgar Allen Bro just because he has the Telltale Swag

http://caught.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Swag.png

LOL!! Wow, I didn't know that.
http://i.imgur.com/Bdi9K.jpg

Also just read the entry on urban dictionary. Pretty harsh, but true. Used most by d-bags indeed.

---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
SWEET BUTTERY JESUS. i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif