What is the best way to blow through insanity?

#1EternalNetherPosted 11/26/2012 1:20:51 PM
Just out of curiosity. I want to beat this on Insanity, but I'm not good enough to do it without resorting to cheap tactics. I managed it in Mass Effect 2 by maxing out Adrenaline Rush and abusing the ever living hell out of the Mattock Heavy Rifle. I haven't done ME1 yet, but I'll worry about that later.

So, what can I do to make my Insanity experience fairly simple and straightforward?
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#2bessy67Posted 11/26/2012 1:22:05 PM
First of all, ME3 is by far the easiest of the Mass Effect games to complete on insanity. I did it with an infiltrator, black widow and defense matrix bonus power.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3bloodgod92Posted 11/26/2012 1:22:37 PM
Play as an engineer so you can have a drone and also reprogram turrets and geth to fight your enemies for you...
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#4garcialakPosted 11/26/2012 1:23:19 PM
Sentinel/Adept with Liara and Javix (if you have the DLC), detonate everything
#5zhobanPosted 11/26/2012 1:26:22 PM
EternalNether posted...
Just out of curiosity. I want to beat this on Insanity, but I'm not good enough to do it without resorting to cheap tactics. I managed it in Mass Effect 2 by maxing out Adrenaline Rush and abusing the ever living hell out of the Mattock Heavy Rifle. I haven't done ME1 yet, but I'll worry about that later.

So, what can I do to make my Insanity experience fairly simple and straightforward?

You could max out your level and do it that way. I personally used a Soldier with a Particle Rifle since I had the From Ashes DLC with Incendiary Ammo, Liara with some random weapon and Garrus with the Falcon. I would recommend Garrus with some sort of one shot weapon otherwise he is too stupid to know how to use cover. The only parts I had trouble with were on Mars because of a certain sequence where you are forced to use a Heavy Pistol, Rannoch because I accidentally used Liara instead of Garrus or Vega and Marauder Shields. Rannoch was only hard because of me having Liara instead of Garrus or Vega.

I also didn't do any sidequests except for the one you are forced to do which I just went with the one where you meet Legion because you don't fight anyone. I beat it in 8 hours but that was only because of those three parts I mentioned. Otherwise the game was stupid easy.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#6NS_RegentParkPosted 11/26/2012 1:27:38 PM
ME2's Insanity was easy too... even as a Soldier, or even as a Vanguard
---
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#7zhobanPosted 11/26/2012 1:30:29 PM
NS_RegentPark posted...
ME2's Insanity was easy too... even as a Soldier, or even as a Vanguard

I still have yet to beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I'm trying to debate if I want to do loyalty missions or not. Mass Effect also had an extremely easy Insanity, especially if you were a Soldier and ran past everything.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#8EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:34:39 PM
I imagine ME1 is easy on insanity if you use certain classes with builds designed specifically for it. Personally though, I had a lot more trouble with Mass Effect 3 on normal than the other games. I've played ME1 twice, both on normal, ME2 three times (two on normal, one on insanity), and ME3 once on normal. As far as normal difficulty goes Mass Effect 3 was the hardest of any of them for me. Although it was also the most fun.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#9deathscythe257Posted 11/26/2012 1:38:55 PM
use adept, spam biotics with high recharge
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#10bessy67Posted 11/26/2012 1:41:08 PM
EternalNether posted...
I imagine ME1 is easy on insanity if you use certain classes with builds designed specifically for it. Personally though, I had a lot more trouble with Mass Effect 3 on normal than the other games. I've played ME1 twice, both on normal, ME2 three times (two on normal, one on insanity), and ME3 once on normal. As far as normal difficulty goes Mass Effect 3 was the hardest of any of them for me. Although it was also the most fun.

In ME1 on insanity I can never get past the krogan mercenary when rescuing Liara. It's insanely difficult.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67