So, is Omega worth it?

#1deathscythe257Posted 11/27/2012 5:02:58 PM
So, based on the boards consensus, is the Omega DLC worth getting?

I enjoyed most of the DLC from ME2 (arrival, overlord, LotSB, kasumi, etc)

I thought leviathan was good but still had srs shortcomings...
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#2shadowhippo1986Posted 11/27/2012 5:04:40 PM
I just finished it and enjoyed it alot, I don't think it's worth $15 though...there were some weird glitches/bugs
#3TheStarCorePosted 11/27/2012 5:04:48 PM
If you enjoyed the other DLC's you'll definitely enjoy this one. I'd personally place Omega on top, just above LotSB. But I think LotSB is a bit over-rated.
#4Wanz44Posted 11/27/2012 5:09:01 PM
If you enjoyed the other DLC's you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Actually, if you are simply a Mass Effect fan you will enjoy it.
---
Member since 1999 ..
... Former user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
#5SageOfLifePosted 11/27/2012 5:09:39 PM
Not the best, but generally good from beginning to end.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#6Chr0noidPosted 11/27/2012 5:22:26 PM(edited)
It's overpriced for what it offers. Completely overpriced.

Lash is a flaccid version of lift and Flare is basically an OP warp. The campaign itself offers no actual choice whatsoever. Once again Bioware seems to be confusing differing conversation replies with actual choice. More likely they just don't want to put in the effort anymore.

Do not buy.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#7Ares_TargaryenPosted 11/27/2012 5:32:12 PM(edited)
It was okay. I was a little disappoint, because I had high exceptions. It shouldn't have been 1200 points (800 would have been right). It think if we actually got a permanent squad member that had unique dialogue for the rest of the game (i.e. Javik), it would have been worth it. Really, Aria could have joined Shepard at the end instead of just sitting on the Citadel.
---
<><><><><>
#8deadpool_legendPosted 11/27/2012 5:30:46 PM
It's pretty much like the last DLC. Just a bunch of missions strung together with no real choice. I think I influenced the outcome a bit but it was more of how I acted throughout the DLC than from just one moment, at least that's what I gathered. I don't even know for sure.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#9jaso13_basicPosted 11/27/2012 5:56:20 PM(edited)
While it is really enjoyable and cinematic, there's pretty much no real choices, and it just sees like Shep is along for the ride. It's WAY overpriced, but it's not bad by any means. Nice setting, length, and nice action all the way through. But more choices or instances where Shepherd did something, taking at least ONE squad member with or something more....substantial would've helped. There's not attachment. That being said,it's something i'll play through on later files unlike Leviathan.
---
Not changing this signature until John Morrison and Drew McIntyre wins the WWE/WHC Title: 10-09-09...which means never.
#10TheBeastWithinPosted 11/27/2012 6:14:46 PM
No, it isn't worth 1200. And anyone who thinks it was some great experience or something is insane or has very bad taste. All of the ME2 DLC was better than this. I guess it was about equally good as Leviathan. The story was less than lackluster. It was just one shoot em scenario after another, no charm to it at all. Nothing interesting happened whatsoever. And the difficult battles we made difficult by the incredibly lame and cheap respawning enemies trick games fall back on when they can't innovate to create difficulty.

Very ho hum. For 800 I think people would suffer with ho hum, but 1200 isn't worth it.

I loved ME3 but these DLCs have left a bad taste in my mouth.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!