So, is Omega worth it?

#41slimg914Posted 11/29/2012 12:33:06 PM
It was as good as expected. About what you would expect for a $15 pricetag.
#42N7Spectre707Posted 11/29/2012 4:51:25 PM
deathscythe257 posted...
after playing it, good, but not worth 15$, fun, mad that there arent any cerb dragoons in combat...

Enemies not tough at all (didnt die ever)... flare + reave was OP'd,

The thing that made me really sad though is when you go to mess with the reactor, and its all dark, you expect a horror mode moment, but its just like the ardat yakshi monastery... underwhelming...

Theres also the lazy character coding (I gave Aria a GPS, I had a vindicator), in cut scenes, Aria fires the GPS like she is actually using a GPS... Shepard? Has an avenger... -_-

Yeah that problem with the gun tends to happen throughout the game not just in the dlc. All the time Shepard is seen wielding either an avenger assault rifle or a predator pistol regardless of what you have equipped.
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.
#43TheSuspectedPosted 11/29/2012 8:46:27 PM
Leviathan was over twice as long. I finished Omega in about 1.5 hours, compared to Leviathan's 4.5.

I always play DLC on Normal so as not to pad the length because of dying and/or damage soaking enemies.

I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it. Also, two temporary squadmates was a great idea, too bad Bioware didn't implement it with the Mass Effect 2 team instead of what we got. The new enemies were interesting too, if a bit Reaper-esque.

I enjoyed Leviathan more. Omega had a far better conclusion though. If I were to rank the DLCs, it would be Leviathan, LotSB, Omega, and then the rest.

In closing, the length of this DLC really killed it for me. I enjoyed Aria, the new squadmate, the plot and mission, but it was over way too quickly. Not worth $15. Barely worth $10. If you enjoy Mass Effect in general you'll definitely like it though.
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
Now streaming: P4: Arena, PlayStationAllStarsBattleR
#44exodiarkPosted 11/29/2012 10:10:56 PM
Good, but not worth $15, this is more like $10 dlc for me.
#45Prince EnixPosted 11/30/2012 5:30:27 AM
TheSuspected posted...
I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it.

It really isn't. Even on Insanity, it was very, very easy. Of course, as an infiltrator, I could just run around cloaked.
---
Simia simia est, etiamsi aurea gestet insignia.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
#46OEIO999Posted 11/30/2012 5:41:32 AM
charon78au posted...
Sounds like it's just a throwaway, take-it-or-leave-it DLC.
I take no pleasure in saying, "I told you so".

Of all the wonderful things they could have done with DLC, helping a master criminal reclaim her hell-hole space station, is way down the list of things that sounded interesting or fun.

This
#47OEIO999Posted 11/30/2012 5:53:57 AM
I am still in the midst of YouTubing both of the DLC's for this game

And I emphasis the word still, because I have no intention of going back and finishing either of those pathetic and lazy attempt to rectify the mess, that was ME3:SP
#48BaldulfPosted 11/30/2012 7:33:29 AM
OEIO999 posted...
I am still in the midst of YouTubing both of the DLC's for this game

And I emphasis the word still, because I have no intention of going back and finishing either of those pathetic and lazy attempt to rectify the mess, that was ME3:SP

There is nothing to youtube, really. Just the same old combat and a few poor cinematics (some of them full of glitches)

On the other hand there are some nice backgrounds here and there, but that's all.
#49TheSuspectedPosted 11/30/2012 7:45:59 AM
Prince Enix posted...
TheSuspected posted...
I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it.

It really isn't. Even on Insanity, it was very, very easy. Of course, as an infiltrator, I could just run around cloaked.

I'm an Engineer. When the new enemies caught me slipping even once, they would stun lock me like nothing I've ever seen. Admittedly, I wasn't thinking of strategy, but on Insanity I'd think you only get once chance to mess up like that.

But if cloaking breaks the fight completely, then wow. Another negative.
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
Now streaming: P4: Arena, PlayStationAllStarsBattleR