Dark Channel keeps TC's damage bonus for its entire duration -- CONFIRMED

#21code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 9:55:18 PM
Yep, AI isn't getting cloak bonus on her weapon damage. Tried with Carnifex and krysae, a vanilla weapon and a DLC weapon just to be sure. This really limits her potential.
#22MalevolentFishPosted 11/27/2012 9:56:57 PM(edited)
Alright, I'm seeing a lot of mixed stuff on the BSN. Right now we know that:

1. TC's non-Rank 6 Damage Bonus applies to the full duration of both powers.
2. The Huntress' TC currently gives no bonus damage to weapons whatsoever.

What about the Rank 6 Power Damage evo, though? I've been hearing mixed reports on whether that actually applies to DC/Warp or not, even though TC's normal damage bonus does.

Anyone here know for sure?
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish
"But why is the rum gone?"
#23AllDay524Posted 11/27/2012 9:59:29 PM
Quote:Mr_arizona posted...
herduliekmudkip posted...
oh great

perfect

now the babbys wont even need to aim

You do know half the characters don't even need a gun? For the Fury, Human Engineer, or Shadow a gun is just a nice addition.

takes skill to do well with two of those classes.

shadow and asari huntress play the game for you

@herduliekmudkip

I dunno about the huntress but the shadow sure as hell don't. You have to carefully pick your targets or you'll easily get ****ed up.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#24code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:08:33 PM(edited)
FOXRULES posted...
Alright, I'm seeing a lot of mixed stuff on the BSN. Right now we know that:

1. TC's non-Rank 6 Damage Bonus applies to the full duration of both powers.
2. The Huntress' TC currently gives no bonus damage to weapons whatsoever.

What about the Rank 6 Power Damage evo, though? I've been hearing mixed reports on whether that actually applies to DC/Warp or not, even though TC's normal damage bonus does.

Anyone here know for sure?

The confirmation is right there in the link.

Cloak + DC
34978ms | trooper damage: 99.375000 //75 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.3 + 0.8 + 0.1 + 0.25) / 2 = 99.375

On the left is the observed damage, and on the right is the damage predicted with calculations. Dark Channel is getting a 20% boost from rank 3, 30% boost from rank 4, 10% boost from the passive, 80% boost from TC, and 25% boost from rank 6 TC. The damage stays the same for the entire DoT period, even after TC wears off. As you can see, they match up. This means TC is working as intended... for her powers.
#25phoenix52Posted 11/27/2012 10:09:14 PM
I really only have much trouble with Ravagers decide to poop on me while I'm stabbing them. Otherwise if have a basic comprehension of timing and TC specced for duration you can almost always stay out of trouble.

Though there are certain situations that are just awful. Collectors are a pain in the butt because of seeker swarms and things can certainly go bad fast if you're unlucky or not paying attention.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#26GrayZStarrPosted 11/27/2012 10:09:34 PM
AllDay524 posted...
Fury, Human Engineer, and Shadow

We're also taking in consideration the Valkyire,right?

And if we are going this way, then we can also include

Slayer

Manguard

Paladin

So on

All of them need actual skill to avoid getting raped by anything dangerous.
---
----
#27herduliekmudkipPosted 11/27/2012 10:09:59 PM
AllDay524 posted...
oh great

perfect

You do know half the characters don't even need a gun? For the Fury, Human Engineer, or Shadow a gun is just a nice addition.

@herduliekmudkip

I dunno about the huntress but the shadow sure as hell don't. You have to carefully pick your targets or you'll easily get ****ed up.

doesnt change that it has electric slash or get-behind-the-enemy-and-instakill-them move
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#28AllDay524Posted 11/27/2012 10:18:22 PM
Quote:AllDay524 posted...
oh great

perfect

@herduliekmudkip

doesnt change that it has electric slash or get-behind-the-enemy-and-instakill-them move

@herduliekmudkip

ES is barely worth the 3 points put into it anymore. And shadow strike will leave you up the creaky without a paddle if you choose wrong. She's good, not easy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#29MalevolentFishPosted 11/27/2012 10:24:43 PM(edited)
The confirmation is right there in the link.

You'll have to forgive me for not looking more in depth. Whenever I see corlist, I know peddro isn't far behind, and his walls of numbers send me into a coma. I just went with the summary in the post that the link you posted went to and there wasn't specific mention of the Rank 6 bonus.

So I asked.

Nonetheless, thank you. I probably won't be changing my build over it, the 25% isn't really worth it for me...but at least I know something on her works right. Just have to wait for next week's changes to fix the weapon damage problem, I guess.
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish
"But why is the rum gone?"
#30code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:27:31 PM
Understandable. For the record I don't think this is something bioware can fix server side. She may be gimped until the next patch. It does seem like they have one planned considering the omega patch didn't do anything to MP and they're still investigating the missile glitch.