Dark Channel keeps TC's damage bonus for its entire duration -- CONFIRMED

#31otakon2006Posted 11/27/2012 9:34:18 PM
Well that would explain why I hit a Banshee with one than had to run due to being over run. About a minute later I get a update that I killed the Banshee with it. Maybe even less than that.
#32FullMetalManiaPosted 11/27/2012 10:39:24 PM(edited)
So I just unlocked the Huntress. I apologize in advance for the copious amounts of pain I cause my fellow players with how much I am going to be using Dark Channel.

EDIT: Just PLAYED a game with the Huntress. My impression is a little skewed, I constantly had a Geth Soldier right next to me lighting everything on fire. I did, however, get a fair amount of kills off Dark Channel, so maybe there's some credence to this after all. And I'm pretty sure that TC -> DC/Warp actually ends up being a lot slower than just using DC or Warp.

That being said, I'm tossing up whether I should use Incendiary Ammo or Warp Ammo. The bugged DoT is INSANE as always, but those Fire Explosions are getting in the way of Biotic Explosions.
---
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187
#33code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:13:27 PM
Just finished a round of geth with her. Would have been 10000x less painful with that cloak damage.

I think she'll be fine against collectors and reapers as is. She's basically a glorified AF-less fury though :( At least she has warp incendiary going for her.
#34twinstarnumber1Posted 11/27/2012 10:18:22 PM
AllDay524 posted...
Quote:AllDay524 posted...
Quote:Mr_arizona posted...
herduliekmudkip posted...
oh great

perfect

now the babbys wont even need to aim

You do know half the characters don't even need a gun? For the Fury, Human Engineer, or Shadow a gun is just a nice addition.

takes skill to do well with two of those classes.

shadow and asari huntress play the game for you
@herduliekmudkip

I dunno about the huntress but the shadow sure as hell don't. You have to carefully pick your targets or you'll easily get ****ed up.

doesnt change that it has electric slash or get-behind-the-enemy-and-instakill-them move

@herduliekmudkip

ES is barely worth the 3 points put into it anymore. And shadow strike will leave you up the creaky without a paddle if you choose wrong. She's good, not easy.

Agreed, playing the shadow is more like playing a game a chess as a pose to playing the game. You have to pick and choose your moves and targets, then plan your escape route. If you spec full damage a strong breeze will take her out, or if you don't they won't die with your SS. It's a fact plainly evident from the scores of randoms playing a Shadow i have to revive on a regular basis. Playing as a Shadow, pulling your weight in the game, and not dying constantly takes more than average skill.
---
XBL Gamertag: Mydarkstar --- PSN: Mydarkstar
#35YamatoBeatsPosted 11/27/2012 10:32:45 PM
Very nice. Stripping shields and using a spawn plague will never feel more satisfying.
#36herduliekmudkipPosted 11/27/2012 10:50:45 PM
twinstarnumber1 posted...
Agreed, playing the shadow is more like playing a game a chess as a pose to playing the game.

lmfao listen to yourself
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#37dokukaeruPosted 11/28/2012 1:26:05 AM
Mr_arizona posted...
oh great

perfect

You do know half the characters don't even need a gun? For the Fury, Human Engineer, or Shadow a gun is just a nice addition.

Obviously, you've never tried the collector smg with incendiary rounds on the shadow.
---
People that dont believe in evolution are like people that dont believe in computers.
#38Mr_arizonaPosted 11/28/2012 6:55:52 AM
dokukaeru posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
oh great

perfect

Obviously, you've never tried the collector smg with incendiary rounds on the shadow.

I like my Disciple with omnil blade and Acolyte combo. Bosses are a pain but everything else falls before my might. Any of the top non bosses (Hunters, Captains, Phantoms, ETC...) are dead as I see them.
I got 3 team members and as long as I keep grunts off them the should have no issue taking bosses out for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#39code_kirin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:22:33 AM(edited)
dokukaeru posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
oh great

perfect

That sounds like a terrible ES-spam build.

Omni-blade Piranha/Acolyte can handle literally any threat in the game. Shadow is one of my favorite classes overall.