Re-rate the power: Charge

#41code_kirinPosted 11/29/2012 2:17:33 PM
Talon5967 posted...
Can't use it against sync-kill enemies unless you can take them by surprise, and even then it's risky.-

Don't know why people keep bringing this up. Every character with charge is capable (if properly specced) of staggering Phantoms. Not charging Banshee while they're in instant kill phase is obvious. Charging brutes is safe, and actually lets you avoid damage most of the time. Same with banshee and atlas. Praetorian are the only real no-nos.
#42NidtendofreakPosted 11/29/2012 2:32:19 PM
code_kirin posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Can't use it against sync-kill enemies unless you can take them by surprise, and even then it's risky.-

Don't know why people keep bringing this up. Every character with charge is capable (if properly specced) of staggering Phantoms. Not charging Banshee while they're in instant kill phase is obvious. Charging brutes is safe, and actually lets you avoid damage most of the time. Same with banshee and atlas. Praetorian are the only real no-nos.

Because I've been slapped out of Charge by a Phantom before I could hit her, meaning I didn't get a change to stagger her. She then promptly stabbed me. It has happened several times.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#43Talon5967Posted 11/29/2012 2:33:41 PM
code_kirin posted...
Talon5967 posted...

It's risky to use it against sync-kill enemies unless you can take them by surprise, and even

This is actually how I originally started that line, then decided to change it. Maybe I should have kept it, especially considering I'll fistfight brutes and atlas when using a kroguard.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#44code_kirinPosted 11/29/2012 2:37:34 PM(edited)
Reasons that could happen.. you charged her after she used a melee on you or someone else. You charged her during her power ignore bubble and she staggered you with a melee right after. You charged her during a flip. Space lag? Lag integrity.
#45terrysmay04Posted 11/29/2012 2:38:44 PM
I saw someone mentioned this, but it happened to me last several times I have played a VG against cerberus. Phantoms slash me out of my charge. even if I'm starting the charge well out of slash range the instant I reach the phantom she is in her slash animation and staggers then syncs me. Kinda ticked me off last night when it happened 2 rounds in a row.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#46code_kirinPosted 11/29/2012 2:40:17 PM
I honestly haven't had that happen since I caught on to the 1000N force stagger requirement.
#47Talon5967Posted 11/29/2012 2:50:12 PM
Unless I missed something, phantoms are required to use a melee attack before they can sync-kill. But they can use each against different targets. So they can melee a teammate, and when you charge in they go straight into the sync-kill, as the melee requirement has already been covered with the other player.

I mainly have a problem with charging phantoms when the charge makes them stagger in a direction other than the way I'm facing, so that the follow-up heavy melee (the only vanguard I use is the kroguard, and even then not particularly often) has me going past them, and leaving the phantom right behind me as she comes out of the stagger.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#48terrysmay04Posted 11/29/2012 3:00:56 PM
code_kirin posted...
I honestly haven't had that happen since I caught on to the 1000N force stagger requirement.

I don't think you understand. She hits me BEFORE charge hits her. Like I teleport to her and she is already slashing. I always spec BC to stagger phantoms
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#49code_kirinPosted 11/29/2012 3:03:30 PM
I get you, I just haven't had it happen to me lately. I suppose I've been iffy about vanguarding off host these days.
#50NidtendofreakPosted 11/29/2012 3:31:10 PM
code_kirin posted...
Reasons that could happen.. you charged her after she used a melee on you or someone else. You charged her during her power ignore bubble and she staggered you with a melee right after. You charged her during a flip. Space lag? Lag integrity.

When it happened to me, she was just moving out of spawn with everybody hanging back picking off enemies until I charged. And even if she had used the bubble, I would have been out of my charge before she did her first melee. As far as I could tell, she went straight from walking along, to slapping me with her sword mid-charge, to stabbing me.

Very annoying. Less annoying than the Vanguard glitch, but still annoying. My best guess is that it's somehow a lag thing: my model is registered as there before my attack hits so she attacks it, thus dealing damage to me and knocking me out of charge. Not quite sure how that can happen in lag though without lots of other problems happening.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.