About turian biotics...

#1UltimateGeth39Posted 11/28/2012 10:13:39 PM
According to a codex entry I read the turian hierarcy cant afford to let such valuable assets such as turian cabals go to waste so the elites were deployed to the frontlines so we should have a turian biotic in MP soon thoughts opinions.
#2DingariPosted 11/28/2012 10:37:13 PM
turian sentinel has warp
#3SkitzocrayonPosted 11/28/2012 10:55:57 PM
yup..turian sentinel has warp....and that codex and the whole "cannot afford" jibber jabber" smells of propaganda if you ask me. The Turian Hierarchy sees cabals as FREAKS! Something to be ashamed of and hidden away...and not placed on the frontline where the REAL soldier fight.

cut and paste from WIKI.

A cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views or interests in a church, state, or other community, often by intrigue. Cabals are sometimes secret societies composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. The use of this term usually carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish; because of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to themselves or their internal subdivisions. Amongst the exceptions is Discordianism, in which the term is used to refer to an identifiable group within the Discordian religion.
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#4BhelliumPosted 11/28/2012 10:58:43 PM
Yes. I think the codex mentions somewhere that Turians at large aren't very comfortable with biotics. Not that they seem to remember that when it comes to Asari.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#5Mystery_CooperPosted 11/28/2012 10:59:40 PM
I think a war against the Reapers is reason enough to send out the Turian Biotics. Maybe not during the First Contact War, but holding out against the Reapers is just stupid.

Which makes it baffling at how many Salarians are just hiding out at Sur'Kesh hoping the Reapers don't hit, biotic or not.
---
EU = Europe = Continent
US = United States = Continent
- legendof
#6SkitzocrayonPosted 11/28/2012 11:00:21 PM
Bhellium posted...
Yes. I think the codex mentions somewhere that Turians at large aren't very comfortable with biotics. Not that they seem to remember that when it comes to Asari.

Who ISNT comfortable with asaris?

i think they meant Turians with biotics. damn mutants!! Where is the Turian Professor X?
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#7SkitzocrayonPosted 11/28/2012 11:01:19 PM
Mystery_Cooper posted...
I think a war against the Reapers is reason enough to send out the Turian Biotics. Maybe not during the First Contact War, but holding out against the Reapers is just stupid.

Which makes it baffling at how many Salarians are just hiding out at Sur'Kesh hoping the Reapers don't hit, biotic or not.

tis why i hope they are the HATED guttertrash species in the next ME4.
---
#8ghosta2Posted 11/28/2012 11:01:32 PM
Skitzocrayon posted...
yup..turian sentinel has warp....and that codex and the whole "cannot afford" jibber jabber" smells of propaganda if you ask me. The Turian Hierarchy sees cabals as FREAKS! Something to be ashamed of and hidden away...and not placed on the frontline where the REAL soldier fight.

cut and paste from WIKI.

A cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views or interests in a church, state, or other community, often by intrigue. Cabals are sometimes secret societies composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. The use of this term usually carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish; because of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to themselves or their internal subdivisions. Amongst the exceptions is Discordianism, in which the term is used to refer to an identifiable group within the Discordian religion.

Thats weird as Kaiden received his biotic training from Turians.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#9AllDay524Posted 11/28/2012 11:02:55 PM
Biotics can do whatever you can plus more, I'd be hard not to feel threatened by them. Especially to a society that celebrates Conformity and Single Mindedness.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#10UltimateGeth39(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 11:14:27 PM(edited)
Bearing in mind the codex also says turians without facial markings cant be trusted and yet every turian in MP have no facial markings.

EDIT:http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/Omega_Reclaimed:_Omega%27s_Secrets#Turian_Cabals
Bottom entry.