Mass Effect 3 Happy Ending Mod (Video link inside)

#21Halo_ForeverPosted 11/29/2012 10:05:02 PM
Frizzurd posted...
Think of how lame it would be if Frodo was immune to the influence of the ring or Luke was never tempted by the dark side.. bad bad baaaaad story telling

Whether Shepard overcomes it...or fails and all is hopeless like an ending to Twilight Zone.. i would be happy.

The strong willed could resist it for extended times, Saren resisted it for years with Sovereign as did Benezia with both of them being able to rise against even after that.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#22deadpool_legendPosted 11/29/2012 10:08:49 PM
phoenix52 posted...
deadpool_legend posted...

You have to be around Reapers for an extended period of time. Shepard never really was. Plus we can argue that Cerberus created a countermeasure during Lazarus.

Except everything we heard in ME3 supports the idea that they had nowhere near the intel needed to counteract Indoctrination until after Shep was brought back.

Okay then Shepard was just never around them for extended periods of time.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#23FrizzurdPosted 11/29/2012 10:16:15 PM
the game should of made something that major clear to the player.

and the reapers should of studied the Ardat-Yakshi since Shepard was shown having to actually fend off Morinth's controlling power
#24pure mind gamesPosted 11/29/2012 10:30:46 PM
the game should of made something that major clear to the player.

I think they did(probably why I never thought about it)

and the reapers should of studied the Ardat-Yakshi since Shepard was shown having to actually fend off Morinth's controlling power

Which no one saw, happened 6 months before, or didn't even happen with all Paragon(or Renegade?) Choices.
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#25GrayZStarrPosted 11/29/2012 10:48:44 PM
The main complaints I got

- y noone bromances Garrus (srsly guis. Kaiden? Really? Confounded Carth fangirls)
- Replacing "An End once and for All" with "The End Run", mostly because the former was more suiting
- Javik can't be in the ending
- The shame where Shepard can't sound wounded when talking to Joker
- Not sure how Origin likes mods, due to how crappy EA's online service is

I'd totally do it too, since I've seen a Kaiden and Liara versions, for Garrus and Tali.
---
----
#26Acer2020(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:57:00 PM(edited)
GrayZStarr posted...
The main complaints I got

- Not sure how Origin likes mods, due to how crappy EA's online service is.

Bioware said they are cool with modding, well, SP modding anyway:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10849566/1
---
"I'm so against working I wouldn't even take a b**w job!"
#27GrayZStarrPosted 11/29/2012 11:00:01 PM
Oh, good.

Then maybe this weekend. I got a save right by the "sooper fun" surivival section on London so I can do one, not the other.
---
----
#28thefinalzapkeetPosted 11/30/2012 6:22:03 AM
Frizzurd posted...
When is it ever going to be explained why the Reapers failed to use indoctrination on Shepard, when indoctrination was prevalent throughout the series?
Ignoring that is kind of like how the theatrical cut of the The Two Towers ignored what happened to Saruman.

Here's what i figured happened (spoilers for the series AND the novels)

well, first off it's been rammed into our heads that quickly forcing indoctrination on someone would basically make them mindless husks (as we saw in ME1 during the experiments). So they never quickly indoctrinated shepard. I'm guessing that it's also probably just to blast and kill him anyway

second, it' seems like indoctrination tends to play on people's wants and desires. With Saren, if you read the first novel and if I'm remembering correctly, he basically wants to use Soveireign to establish Turian dominance/anti-human activities. I WISH I could remember exactly what it was, but it was along those lines. The very last line of the book was "And Sovereign was the key to it all". What do we see from pretty much everyone else who was indoctrinated the "right" way? They all were attempting to use the Reaper/Reaper technology as tools. This must be a catalyst of some sorts. Shepard was always fighting against the reapers, and his mind wasn't even considering using the reapers until he defeated them.

Even something as simple as "serve me and I won't kill you" would turn slowly into indoctrination. Basically, if they gave themselves up to the reapers, whether it be by threats, or by promises, then they could be indoctrinated. But Shepard never once did that, nor his crew.
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 40