Re-rate the power: Decoy

#21HueyFremanPosted 11/30/2012 9:20:09 PM
GrayZStarr posted...
Pull's worthless? At this point it's more of a watered down singularity thanks to the instashot Acolyte, and is funny to use on Phantoms. 'Cept on Dragoons.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Pull only works on something if it only has health. It doesn't even detonate explosions which would make it as useful as push. Unless we're talking about bronze (and maybe silver) games, there is always a better alternative and it's too situational to be useful at all. Heck, Lash made it completely obsolete.

Decoy may not distract melee units but it still does a good job on most other units and can be a life saver during objective waves. Not claiming it's power of the year, but certainly has more use than pull.
---
Just slam your "cry to mod" button before you bore me to sleep" -meteor9898
#22WatermelonFartsPosted 11/30/2012 9:21:23 PM
HueyFreman posted...
GrayZStarr posted...
Pull's worthless? At this point it's more of a watered down singularity thanks to the instashot Acolyte, and is funny to use on Phantoms. 'Cept on Dragoons.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Pull only works on something if it only has health. It doesn't even detonate explosions which would make it as useful as push. Unless we're talking about bronze (and maybe silver) games, there is always a better alternative and it's too situational to be useful at all. Heck, Lash made it completely obsolete.

Decoy may not distract melee units but it still does a good job on most other units and can be a life saver during objective waves. Not claiming it's power of the year, but certainly has more use than pull.

If you like flanking your own team.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3B_F6P-w-Q
#23bessy67Posted 11/30/2012 9:29:03 PM
3/10. Only works on the enemies that you really don't need distracted and is completely ignored by the ones you do want distracted.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#24Mr_PipboyPosted 11/30/2012 9:30:23 PM
bessy67 posted...
3/10. Only works on the enemies that you really don't need distracted and is completely ignored by the ones you do want distracted.

Not entirely true. How many times are you downed by a Maurader or a cannibal while running from a Banshee? Decoy makes stuff like that a little safer.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net
#25bessy67Posted 11/30/2012 9:32:21 PM
HueyFreman posted...

Pull is the strongest primer in the game and when paired with an acolyte works on a lot of enemies. Decoy is terrible regardless of your loadout.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#26Edgemaster97Posted 11/30/2012 10:03:14 PM
I don't use Decoy enough to vote, but I think the OP would be better if the powers' old scores were posted next to their new scores to help players see how powers have changed over time.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/4zw4rd.gif
#27ghosta2Posted 11/30/2012 11:45:48 PM
Edgemaster97 posted...
I don't use Decoy enough to vote, but I think the OP would be better if the powers' old scores were posted next to their new scores to help players see how powers have changed over time.

I second this motion.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#28EarthshakerPosted 12/1/2012 12:24:30 AM
Would've rated it a 2, solely because it was on ONE class that didn't need/ever have a use for it (and I came in after the Decoy nerf, I see no appeal in it.)

However, it in conjunction with Volus Merc's Combat Drone set to mass stunning with explosions for both bumped it up a point.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.] {Cogito ergo sum... cogito.}
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary. ASURAS AREN'T NORN FURNITURE!
#29kungfuj0Posted 12/1/2012 2:34:47 AM
I voted 1 because I didn't like decoy BEFORE it got neutered. There is even less to like about it now.

I am not saying that it wasn't effective before, because it was. I'm just saying that I never liked using it. It's probably some stupid macho thing on my behalf, but I just never liked it, and now I like it even less.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#30Offender_BenderPosted 12/1/2012 3:18:25 AM
Completely worthless... 3/10 just to be nice.
---
http://i.imm.io/ES6t.jpeg