Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#11JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:11:38 PM
Precious_Roy posted...
Multiplayer saved the game. It was like pulling teeth to finish a lack luster SP campaign when MP was so much more fun. So yes I agree SP was easy and boring, but MP is awesome and has cemented itself in every future ME game. I can only hope that they can mix MP and SP in the future as well. Not as a requirement, but rather an option.

I disagree. Multiplayer should have never been included in this. I know someone will say, "But a whole different team developed multiplayer!" Yeah well they should have just stayed with single player and improved on that instead of incorporating repetitive multiplayer.
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#12Precious_RoyPosted 11/30/2012 7:20:27 PM
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
Precious_Roy posted...
Multiplayer saved the game. It was like pulling teeth to finish a lack luster SP campaign when MP was so much more fun. So yes I agree SP was easy and boring, but MP is awesome and has cemented itself in every future ME game. I can only hope that they can mix MP and SP in the future as well. Not as a requirement, but rather an option.

I disagree. Multiplayer should have never been included in this. I know someone will say, "But a whole different team developed multiplayer!" Yeah well they should have just stayed with single player and improved on that instead of incorporating repetitive multiplayer.

What if you had the option of your squad being controlled by other users during SP campaign? Kind of like a mixture of Reach and Fable 3. Wouldn't be repetitive at least.
#13CalistoCoonPosted 11/30/2012 7:22:12 PM
I think Mass Effect 3 is the victim of the Baby and the Bathwater saying.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#14pure mind gamesPosted 11/30/2012 7:23:53 PM
I think Mass Effect 3 is the victim of the Baby and the Bathwater saying.

What saying?
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#15JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:25:25 PM
Precious_Roy posted...
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
Precious_Roy posted...

What if you had the option of your squad being controlled by other users during SP campaign? Kind of like a mixture of Reach and Fable 3. Wouldn't be repetitive at least.

I've thought about it before, as I'm sure many other people have. It would be fun, but I wouldn't want that either because it would COMPLETELY take you out of the story. The immersion is gone and before you know it, Mass Effect is just another generic shooter.
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#16Chr0noidPosted 11/30/2012 7:33:22 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, I believe Mass Effect 3 screwed up from the get go. You can watch a video titled Where Mass Effect 3 Went Wrong on YouTube that basically covers all my issues with the game. In summation?

Too much auto dialogue and not enough actual choice in the game.

Honestly, games like Alpha Protocol may not be as polished or have that AAA status along with beautiful gameplay like Mass Effect; but AP did one thing right which Bioware seems to have forgotten: choice. Or at least, choice with impact. The first 20 minutes of Alpha Protocol has more diverging paths than the entirety or Mass Effect 3. Okay, that's probably hyperbole but whatever.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#17BDJaycePosted 11/30/2012 7:34:02 PM
Every time a game adds multiplayer the single player starts to suffer. Happened with Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and who knows what other games..
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#18KakkayPosted 11/30/2012 7:35:52 PM
From a gameplay perspective, it's the best. Story-wise, I prefer ME2.
---
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Message sent from my iPad 3.
#19JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:36:35 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
Contrary to popular opinion, I believe Mass Effect 3 screwed up from the get go. You can watch a video titled Where Mass Effect 3 Went Wrong on YouTube that basically covers all my issues with the game. In summation?

Too much auto dialogue and not enough actual choice in the game.

Honestly, games like Alpha Protocol may not be as polished or have that AAA status along with beautiful gameplay like Mass Effect; but AP did one thing right which Bioware seems to have forgotten: choice. Or at least, choice with impact. The first 20 minutes of Alpha Protocol has more diverging paths than the entirety or Mass Effect 3. Okay, that's probably hyperbole but whatever.

Yeah I've seen that video! You're exactly right man.
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#20meltor13Posted 11/30/2012 7:37:08 PM
No.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13