Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#121MuflagginPosted 12/3/2012 10:34:28 AM
Muflaggin posted...
Muflaggin posted...
The ending killed the series for me. I could have wrote a better ending that would have made more sense. The ending demonstrated to me that they did not understand the universe that they created. The whole ordeal has made me hate the term "labor of love".

No you couldn't.

WTF are you talking about? Anyone could come up with something better than that crap. The Dog Ending from SH2 would have been preferable.

No not really. But keep telling yourself that. ^_^

Sounds to me like you're a really uncreative person. You do realize that the writers are just people, right? They aren't gods. It's not impossible for other people to come up with something superior. Prime Example: Bioware themselves. KOTOR > the SW Prequel trilogy, which was written by the series' creator. KOTOR is fan fiction turned into a game. The entire EU is fan fiction. Why do you believe ME3 to be untouchable?

Sounds to me like you're mad. Also please find the part where I said ME3 is untouchable. I can't seem to find it...
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#122MuflagginPosted 12/3/2012 10:35:38 AM
oh jesus, mufflaggin is over here dcing too
lost cause, don't engage

the game is certainly ok if you are just muting it and enjoying the gameplay >_>
Tuchunka was like the only part of the story that didn't gargle balls

Oh hey it's Jess, the person who can't handle people have different tastes/opinions then her. Hi Jess. ^_^
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#123Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/3/2012 10:52:29 AM
Looks like this thread got a little interesting since I've been gone.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | King of Sanctum
#124XXXFLUFFPosted 12/3/2012 10:53:29 AM
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
Did it bug anyone else that the Reaper invasion, arguably the most significant event in the Mass Effect series, was boiled down to a freaking TUTORIAL!? Are you kidding me!

No. I loved the fact that I had time to look around, take it all in and spend an hour of my life saying things like "whoa..." and "SH*T!" and "Jesus, would you look at that".

It was 20 minutes (with practice) of the most emotional and intriguing gaming ever!
---
If you try to fail and succeed, what happened?
If a turtle has no shell is it naked or homeless?
#125FaDRainPosted 12/3/2012 4:07:33 PM
Destin posted...
FaDRain posted...
The Reapers perceive a problem, but their solution is barely more than a plaster/band-aid.

but aren't you saying they are stupid for putting on a band-aid, it's preferable to just let us bleed out and die since that's the natural order of things?

By band-aid, I mean two things; 1. they are only affecting the Milky Way (a single cut, as it were), everything else out there goes on, and if you believe what SC says to be truth, then there must be synthetics in another galaxy that have succeeded in wiping out organics (I refuse to believe that every AI that will ever be created will eventually wipe its creators out and then go on a genocidal spree, it makes no sense at all, it might be more intelligent but why would a child kill its parent if left unprovoked?) that eventually use up all of their galaxy's resources and come to the conclusion that they have to ruin everyone else's day. 2. A band-aid isn't enough for a constantly gushing wound, one day, the Reapers are going to turn up and find a star or black hole has destroyed the citadel, or important relays, or that a race has gone down a different path and can totally wreck them...OR...you know, the Milky Way IS expected to collide with Andromeda at some point, so maybe that happens and relays are destroyed, change position or stop working.

Time isn't on the Reapers side, there is a lot of stuff speeding its way through that vast expanse, all it takes is something big enough or destructive enough and the cycle gets interrupted. They can't keep covering a wound that they refuse to stitch, eventually they will fail, one way or another. Everything falls eventually. The living, the inanimate...the universe too at some point...probably.

Yes, if it truly is inevitable like SC says, I say the Reapers should leave well alone, if synthetics ALWAYS turn against organics, then let it be sorted out like any other significant difference in opinion. If the desire to survive is strong enough, then we'll find a way to win, if it isn't...well, it must be time to turn over the torch.
#126NafzgerPosted 12/3/2012 4:10:29 PM
I've seen plenty where you said some random forum poster couldn't do a better job, which given the garbage game we were handed, I'd be willing to give the random forum poster a shot.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#127DestinPosted 12/3/2012 5:33:58 PM
FaDRain posted...
if left unprovoked

what makes you think this is true? where has there been an instance that organics allowed synthetics a seat at the table?

FaDRain posted...
2. A band-aid isn't enough for a constantly gushing wound

but that's all they know how to do, you're blaming an ambulance driver for not attempting open heart surgery?

FaDRain posted...
If the desire to survive is strong enough, then we'll find a way to win, if it isn't...well, it must be time to turn over the torch.

your logic is circular because one of the ways organics found to counter the problem was to build the Reapers. overcoming the Reapers is part of the progression.
---
Destin the Valiant
#128FaDRainPosted 12/3/2012 6:25:24 PM
Destin posted...
FaDRain posted...
if left unprovoked

what makes you think this is true? where has there been an instance that organics allowed synthetics a seat at the table?

FaDRain posted...
2. A band-aid isn't enough for a constantly gushing wound

but that's all they know how to do, you're blaming an ambulance driver for not attempting open heart surgery?

FaDRain posted...
If the desire to survive is strong enough, then we'll find a way to win, if it isn't...well, it must be time to turn over the torch.

your logic is circular because one of the ways organics found to counter the problem was to build the Reapers. overcoming the Reapers is part of the progression.

Except that organics didn't create the Reapers, it was the Catalyst's actions that led to their creation when it turned on its own creators due to its belief in its own solution. I'm a lowly organic and I have a better solution than periodic culling, wait and see if the synthetic creations of a cycle's organics turn, if they do then Reap, if they don't, well...job done.

Maybe the alien counterpart to the concept never existed back when SC was created, but a very viable solution is to leave it well alone...the strong survive, the weak die. It may be harsh, cruel even...but even on a galactic scale, with all that technology and knowledge, there's going to be a point where the natural order rears its head against those it once took to dizzying heights.

I know I'm all over the place with everything, trust me, it frustrates me more than it could ever frustrate anyone else, ADHD doesn't make for fun times when left untreated for 4 or 5 years. Once upon a time I could read books, now I can't afford to let go of a thought for a second.
#129DestinPosted 12/3/2012 6:35:27 PM
organics created the catalyst, so it's the same thing.
---
Destin the Valiant
#130jessica73Posted 12/3/2012 6:41:37 PM

Oh hey it's Jess, the person who can't handle people have different tastes/opinions then her. Hi Jess. ^_^

oh it's muffin, the guy who finds it incomprehensible that there could be someone amongst the entire sea of gamefaqs could have one better than Bioware staff, gtfo ^_^ i bet you also think there is no finer book series than Eragon, lol
i accept you have garbage opinions, doesn't mean i'm not going to deride them every time i see you vomiting them up everywhere.
---
you could grab a pc out of a dump (bring gloves, don't wear nice clothes), and it would still be better than current consoles. - SunburnCostanza