Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#21JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:37:20 PM
There are a lot of intelligent people on this post!
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#22DmcFreek18Posted 11/30/2012 7:26:13 PM
Absolutly disagree. The game was amazing. Say what you will about the ending.
---
GT: ArchDmcFreek88 / PSN: Archdmcfreek
The Mass Effect series is my favorite series of all time!
#23LilyxLightningPosted 11/30/2012 7:27:30 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
Honestly, games like Alpha Protocol may not be as polished or have that AAA status along with beautiful gameplay like Mass Effect; but AP did one thing right which Bioware seems to have forgotten: choice. Or at least, choice with impact. The first 20 minutes of Alpha Protocol has more diverging paths than the entirety or Mass Effect 3. Okay, that's probably hyperbole but whatever.

Is "hyperbole" the new word for "painfully obvious lie"?

In response to the original topic: no. Sorry, but the world does not revolve around you and your opinion. Your displeasure over a company making a game which was not exactly what you wanted does not mean that the world should obsess over bashing the game.

Something tells me that far fewer people who whine about the game as a whole would do so if it had ended exactly the way they wanted it to. But hey, if they're going to lie about the ending, why be honest about the rest of the game?
---
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.
#24Rafficus_IIIPosted 11/30/2012 7:33:54 PM
I disagree. While it has its faults, like all others do, it is a great game. The MP has stayed largely relevant when naysayers said it would flop in weeks. The DLC content is actually decent, though fans are allowing the ending debacle cloud their better judgment. The combat and gameplay are vastly better than the predecessors, though unfortunately at the loss of more dialogue tree options. Cinematics are crisp and the inventory/armory system is the best of the trilogy. If you were to tell me the story wasn't the greatest, then yeah, I'd agree. However, we're talking about the game as a whole. As a whole it is great, just with quite a bit of subjective flaws that vary from person to person.
---
GT: BigRaff87
#25BhelliumPosted 11/30/2012 7:35:27 PM
no
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#26YamaguxhiPosted 11/30/2012 7:48:41 PM
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
Did it bug anyone else that the Reaper invasion, arguably the most significant event in the Mass Effect series, was boiled down to a freaking TUTORIAL!? Are you kidding me!

Yes! Couldn't believe what I was seeing(not in a good way either) and it was very short also.

On topic when I finished the first ME I immediately started again. When I beat the second I started again. When I beat the third I walked away. My issue was not the ending as I actually liked it, but I got a real ff13 feeling from the game. You know like I was being forced down a hallway. And the removal of the rpg elements from 2&3 left a bad taste in my mouth.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#27XenoSuikodenPosted 11/30/2012 7:49:57 PM
Bhellium posted...
no
#28SageOfLifePosted 11/30/2012 7:50:34 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
Honestly, games like Alpha Protocol may not be as polished or have that AAA status along with beautiful gameplay like Mass Effect; but AP did one thing right which Bioware seems to have forgotten: choice. Or at least, choice with impact. The first 20 minutes of Alpha Protocol has more diverging paths than the entirety or Mass Effect 3. Okay, that's probably hyperbole but whatever.

Is "hyperbole" the new word for "painfully obvious lie"?

In response to the original topic: no. Sorry, but the world does not revolve around you and your opinion. Your displeasure over a company making a game which was not exactly what you wanted does not mean that the world should obsess over bashing the game.

Something tells me that far fewer people who whine about the game as a whole would do so if it had ended exactly the way they wanted it to. But hey, if they're going to lie about the ending, why be honest about the rest of the game?

The hypocrisy of whatching you call anyone a liar is hilarious.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#29LilyxLightningPosted 11/30/2012 7:52:48 PM
SageOfLife posted...

How do you "whatch" something?

Sure, if your definition of reality is "whatever I want to say is real because it's more convenient to me".
---
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.
#30SageOfLifePosted 11/30/2012 8:03:36 PM
LilyxLightning posted...
SageOfLife posted...

How do you "whatch" something?

Sure, if your definition of reality is "whatever I want to say is real because it's more convenient to me".

More hypocrisy, miss "ignore anything I can't argue against".
---
I am the lizard queen!