Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#31legendX66Posted 11/30/2012 9:14:39 PM
no this game is very good. not liking ending=/= whole game is bad. (if you have other complaints ignore this)
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#32ptreemf12Posted 11/30/2012 9:52:28 PM
I was honestly very bored with Mass Effect 3. I have yet to finish it to this day, though I plan on doing it at some point.

I really enjoyed 1 and 2, and I do think 3 is a good game, it just never grabbed my attention for some reason >_>
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#33JartenPosted 11/30/2012 9:56:43 PM
No, because I like it. I don't care if the ending isn't very satisfying because the rest of the game rocks so far. Haven't actually beaten it yet. Still working on that slowly.
#34EnvironmentsPosted 11/30/2012 10:00:44 PM
Mass Effect --> Great story, characters, and gameplay (In my opinion). Everything a game should be.

Mass Effect 2 --> Good story, great character development, visually appealing and improved gameplay. Good sequel.

Mass Effect 3 --> Lackluster story, more glitches, some characters felt "abandoned". However, it had improved gameplay and something special, addictive multiplayer...

So....

ME - Great Story and game overall.

ME2 - Interesting characters and choices felt like they mattered.

ME3 - Good gameplay, excellent multiplayer experience.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cWxRj.jpg - Artwork by masterpug53
http://bit.ly/TNqBJH | http://bit.ly/SLsFmd | http://bit.ly/UbY5nR
#35OmniVoidPosted 11/30/2012 10:06:54 PM
To echo what has already been said:

Despite it's flaws, it would've been fantastic if it weren't for that ending that ruined the entire franchise for me and most of ME's following.

Multiplayer is the only reason this game is even relevant anymore. Considering that this was supposed to be a dramatic story/character-driven space opera of epic proportions, that's a pretty telling fact in and of itself.
#36Distant_RainbowPosted 11/30/2012 10:13:06 PM
No.

Actually, I feel that it's superior to 2.
---
GFAQs F-Zero GX Fantasy Grand Prix Season I Champion - TN, MT, CB
Link meets Fire Emblem in Tales of Elibe! Find out what happens!
#37OsteoporozisPosted 11/30/2012 10:18:41 PM
Nope. This was, to me, one of the most enjoyable and replayable games of all time. I give no reasoning, I'll only say that I respectfully disagree.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.
#38JedisenseiPosted 11/30/2012 10:30:58 PM
The only thing I didn't like about ME3 was the ****storm of ***-holes spewing all over the internet about the ending. Seriously, **** YOU ALL.

ME3 delivered on everything I wanted and more.
#39SageOfLifePosted 11/30/2012 10:34:13 PM
Jedisensei posted...
The only thing I didn't like about ME3 was the ****storm of ***-holes spewing all over the internet about the ending. Seriously, **** YOU ALL.

ME3 delivered on everything I wanted and more.

You wanted the galaxy crippled when all was said and done?
---
I am the lizard queen!
#40BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/30/2012 10:34:59 PM
Yup. It was okay at best. And I felt that way long before I ever even got to the end. Story wasn't great, the whole game feels more confined, and I started rolling at my eyes at how every character or event from the previous games was somehow, in some way, shoehorned in (Conrad Verner takes the cake there). Gameplay-wise, the new enemies were less "tactical" and more "cheap as hell", the purchasable upgrades in the game were even more useless than in ME2, and the greater number of options for weapons (and the parts upgrades) were nullified by the heavy penalty given for actually daring to use them. And for party characters, come on; I lost all these great ones, but then they introduced a brand new character who is nothing more than a ripped Hispanic, and the whiniest crewmembers from the first game. I don't do MP, so I have no comment there.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus