Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#41OsteoporozisPosted 11/30/2012 9:36:23 PM
SageOfLife posted...
You wanted the galaxy crippled when all was said and done?

The galaxy wasn't crippled in the ending I saw. And regardless of what I saw in the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed every second leading up to it.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.
#42OEIO999Posted 11/30/2012 9:37:34 PM
I agree
#43SageOfLifePosted 11/30/2012 9:39:14 PM
Osteoporozis posted...
SageOfLife posted...

The galaxy wasn't crippled in the ending I saw. And regardless of what I saw in the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed every second leading up to it.

The relays destroyed. Pretty much the entire galaxy's military force trapped in a single, depleted system. Seems pretty crippled to me.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#44Taylor1894Posted 11/30/2012 9:44:14 PM
SageOfLife posted...
Osteoporozis posted...
SageOfLife posted...

The relays destroyed. Pretty much the entire galaxy's military force trapped in a single, depleted system. Seems pretty crippled to me.

With the EC it definately wasn't crippled. The original ending, that was questionable, definately. I enjoyed Mass Effect 3 throughly, the SP and MP, despite my misgivings over the poorly written ending.
---
RPG FAN ^^
#45fennell92Posted 11/30/2012 9:46:16 PM
It was a great game, but it wasn't as great as the previous two/as I was expecting it to be. So as good as it is, there's always going to be a disappointment factor to it IMO.
#46KarnRX78Posted 11/30/2012 9:58:54 PM
I just wish the original ending didn't sap any drive I had to play the first 2 away. I'll probably go back eventually and play them again though.

Considering all of the choice you had to make through 3 games, just to have it come down to 3 choices with the same outcome was a shame, then to have them be as poorly conceived as they were sucked. They could have had much more than what was there, but they took an easy way out and it showed. I haven't touched the add ons yet since I've had no desire to play which is a shame.

Take out that last ten minutes of the game, and it would have been one of my all time favorites. Now it is just a great game, that fell really short when it mattered the most.
#47th3warr1orPosted 11/30/2012 10:03:02 PM
Kakkay posted...
From a gameplay perspective, it's the best. Story-wise, I prefer ME2.

This. Story-wise ME3 is one of the worst.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding.
#48Fou LuPosted 11/30/2012 10:09:16 PM
It was better than the previous 2, and one of the best games I've ever played, so no, I don't agree with it being "not that great of a game".
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#49DarthVashtiPosted 11/30/2012 10:20:12 PM
The Mass Effect series was my favorite game series of all time even before the extended cut was released. I never had a problem with the ending. Sure I felt they needed to give a little more explanation and the extended cut did that. The only thing about Mass Effect 3 that "isn't that great" is the multiplayer. Thankfully I can completely ignore it though.
#50BarthicPosted 11/30/2012 10:34:21 PM
I think on its own, Mass Effect 3 is a decent/great game, not game of the year. SO much of the motivation and emotional ties were because of the past 2 games. As a whole the trilogy is probably the best main stream science fiction out there, but each individually has weaknesses and strengths. Its only when you combine all three do you get those amazing feelings (and regret at the ending of ME3). The trilogy is up for I think game of the decade, but individually, meh, they're all good... just not epic.