Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#71JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:54:43 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
I feel like the people that support ME3 didn't care about the series to begin with. It sounds like you hopped in at the third game, only played the multiplayer and because you somehow had fun with a repetitive multiplayer experience you deem ME3 the best. Most of you ME3 supporters don't even have an argument!

And with that you are most assuredly a troll, not a very good one...

Gonna say I loved all 3 games and got them at release, and I do not find the multi player repetitive at all, sounds like you are a COD or Halo guy or something, go play that instead of trying to provoke people, sheesh...

take it easy kiddo
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#72SableBopPosted 12/1/2012 9:56:23 AM
I liked the game. It could have been much better though.

I think them adding MP ruined the single player. They could have fit so much more into the game if they didn't have to make room for MP. Why add MP now? The first two games didn't have it. Why not wait until the next ME games come out and then add it?
#73NafzgerPosted 12/1/2012 9:58:30 AM
I honestly feel like one of the handful of people who think that the entire game is bad as opposed to only the last ten minutes. The game begins wrong, tries too hard to tie up loose ends that have been established for thousands of years and gives needless fan "service" that detract from the game, and then has a trainwreck of an ending. If it weren't for the multiplayer, I probably would have crucified my copy, and that's something I never thought I'd say.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#74MuflagginPosted 12/1/2012 10:40:16 AM
No we can't. In fact it's a great game. Sorry.

Oh and the ending was fine.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#75MuflagginPosted 12/1/2012 10:41:10 AM
I feel like the people that support ME3 didn't care about the series to begin with. It sounds like you hopped in at the third game, only played the multiplayer and because you somehow had fun with a repetitive multiplayer experience you deem ME3 the best. Most of you ME3 supporters don't even have an argument!

Wrong. Try again.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#76EZXSniperZzzPosted 12/1/2012 10:48:28 AM
To rebutle the idea that "whoever hates this game just hates the ending."

This series was always with problems. While that's all fine and dandy, nothing is perfect, I saw a progressive lack of grace in writing a story. One of the biggest problems was the Paragon/renegade system. That system limits the amount of choices available and the thought process behind the choices.

ME 1:
The first game felt like a standard sc-fi movie with optional depth in background information/story. I never thought critically of it as it was a fun and far more flesh out universe than I expected. Though, the species felt like characterization of humans (which they are, as they were made by humans).

ME 2:
The second game was a standard b-movie with deep character development, but the overall plot and optional background was toned way down. This is where they started making the notion of "HUMANITY IS SPESHUL." I am ****ing tired of this ****. It's no better than white people are special or black people are special. What ever happened to the idea of collaboration and teamwork? While most of the story shows just that, there's always that stupid dirty plot line that just shows up to piss on things.

ME 3:
The last game, lost all sense of thought. It threw out everything you did prior without even dressing it up nicely. While the game feels like a fun roller-coaster the first time through, it's not a very good one to repeat. You can't skip all the cut scenes/dialog, they force the characterization of a ***** ass Shepard who dreams about some kid, then the kid gives you a deus ex machina that has 3 choices which logically can't collide any time soon.

The saving grace of this game? MP with friends. Where you can create your character, human or alien, and fight ****. Perhaps this was their plan. To make the only fun thing to repeat was just to beat up stuff as it's the thing they can make extra $$$ on.

I know without a doubt they can BS "in 30-50 years, we all get together, fix stuff, including the revival of a species, and all forget about being half robot." After they asked where ME4 should be set, I gave up on Bioware's directors.

Killed the Rachni queen in the first game? That's a whole mission (that is the only notable appearance of Grunt) that's gone in this one. Wiped out all the heretic Geth in the second game? Is there even a war then in the third? Got your whole crew killed in the second game? None of their missions show up then in the third game

Aside from some characters not being there (most replaced), all the missions are there. You miss out on dialog, and some results change off screen/in cinematic. This only occurs in a pure stupid/renegade plays, and it's not very rewarding.
---
"Troy, we have to rise to the occasion like Ripley and kick monster butt in our undies" - Abed Nadir
Steam/Origin - NoizeSeeker
#77zegram33Posted 12/1/2012 10:55:32 AM
personally?
the extended cut fixed what problems i had with the ending.

i feel like a lot of the people who dont like the ending dont like it because its bittersweet. shep likely dies, along with MANY other people, and personally this fits well with the series, since one of the MAIN themes of the series is victory through sacrifice.
It became particularly ridiculous before the EC hen people complained about why they couldnt fight the reapers in a conventional war if they had enough allies, completley ignoring how it takes a whole fleet of quarians in unison to destroy one lower-class reaper

I enjoy the multiplayer a lot, but it doesnt really detract from the single-player in my experience.

my only major dissapointment was: id have like to see some serious open battlefields.
(maybe a D-day style aqauatic assault?), where the people you've saved actually show up and make a difference in gameplay terms. basically, like the ending of "fallout new vegas", where you get a tangible sense of what you've gained through allying with these guys.
#78Rad_LadPosted 12/1/2012 11:32:46 AM
The ending killed the series for me. I could have wrote a better ending that would have made more sense. The ending demonstrated to me that they did not understand the universe that they created. The whole ordeal has made me hate the term "labor of love".
#79Flame_HazardPosted 12/1/2012 11:40:05 AM
I ignored the game until just recently due to all the negativity about it. That was quite a mistake, because this game is amazing. I'm sure the ending will still suck, but this game is a lot better than people claim.

And there's even an ending mod now, for PC users. Not sure about consoles.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#80Doofe_2012Posted 12/1/2012 11:40:17 AM
I thought ME3 was the best out of the three except for the ending. And with the EC, I think the ending is at least "acceptable" instead of a lazy failure.
---
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3763197/Doofe2012