Can we all agree that mass effect 3 was not that great of a game?

#81BDJaycePosted 12/1/2012 1:10:33 PM
In terms of ending, Mass Effect 1 wins hands down. Companion Depth, Mass Effect 2 trumps the other 2. Gameplay wise, Mass Effect 3 claims that prize.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#82Doofe_2012Posted 12/1/2012 1:37:26 PM
BDJayce posted...
In terms of ending, Mass Effect 1 wins hands down. Companion Depth, Mass Effect 2 trumps the other 2. Gameplay wise, Mass Effect 3 claims that prize.

Really? I thought the Suicide Mission was one of the best endings for a video game, period. Just the way anyone can die, all the variables that are taken into account, the music, and the cinematography.
---
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3763197/Doofe2012
#83BDJaycePosted 12/1/2012 1:43:16 PM
Doofe_2012 posted...
BDJayce posted...

Really? I thought the Suicide Mission was one of the best endings for a video game, period. Just the way anyone can die, all the variables that are taken into account, the music, and the cinematography.

Personally I preferred the battle against a single reaper and all the geth, the 5th fleet appearing at the darkest moment to save the day, Shepard fighting against Saren's cybernetic body, the Normandy finishing off Sovereign.. save the council, kill the council..

Personal opinion..
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#84Rude HeroPosted 12/1/2012 2:21:58 PM
Why do you need other peoples approval of your lacking opinion TC?
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#85Carribean_CoolPosted 12/1/2012 2:49:29 PM
Everything ME3 did, the previous 2 did better, sans combat.

This game IMO wasn't what it was hyped up to be, and did not live up to the hype. Plus it doesn't help that there was stuff removed as well.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#86MuflagginPosted 12/1/2012 5:43:22 PM
The ending killed the series for me. I could have wrote a better ending that would have made more sense. The ending demonstrated to me that they did not understand the universe that they created. The whole ordeal has made me hate the term "labor of love".

No you couldn't.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#87Ryan-06Posted 12/1/2012 6:10:02 PM
No, we can not.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#88Ryan-06Posted 12/1/2012 6:11:35 PM
Barthic posted...
I think on its own, Mass Effect 3 is a decent/great game, not game of the year. SO much of the motivation and emotional ties were because of the past 2 games. As a whole the trilogy is probably the best main stream science fiction out there, but each individually has weaknesses and strengths. Its only when you combine all three do you get those amazing feelings (and regret at the ending of ME3). The trilogy is up for I think game of the decade, but individually, meh, they're all good... just not epic.

ME2 was epic for me. best of all IMO. Did most playthroughs on 2.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#89zegram33Posted 12/1/2012 6:11:38 PM
Rad_Lad posted...
The ending killed the series for me. I could have wrote a better ending that would have made more sense. The ending demonstrated to me that they did not understand the universe that they created. The whole ordeal has made me hate the term "labor of love".

aaand that sums up some of the people who dislike ME3
there are legitimate reasons to dislike the game, but "they dont understand the universe that they created" isnt one, since...they clearly do, they MADE it
#90fennell92Posted 12/1/2012 6:16:59 PM
zegram33 posted...
Rad_Lad posted...

aaand that sums up some of the people who dislike ME3
there are legitimate reasons to dislike the game, but "they dont understand the universe that they created" isnt one, since...they clearly do, they MADE it

I think a better way of putting it would be, "They didn't do the universe they created justice with the ending".