Good weapon(s)/build for Adept in SP?

#1Flame_HazardPosted 12/1/2012 12:10:33 AM
I've been going through as an infiltrator for my first playthrough, but I've decided I don't like it that much. I destroy everything, but I feel Shephard is more biotic than just stealthing.

Anyway, it's hard as hell to find anyone discussing anything related to singleplayer in this game >_>. What I know is that, I think, Adepts only carry a heavy pistol. Everything else is biotics, no? What I don't know is what powers to take, and what evolutions to get. I've also seen some people actually saying to completely ignore singularity, which seems wrong, but I'm willing to consider it I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for any advice.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#2herduliekmudkipPosted 12/1/2012 12:11:24 AM
anything you want

sp is stupid easy
---
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny
#3ghosta2Posted 12/1/2012 12:34:14 AM
all you need is warp, pull, and throw

pull is for removing guardian shields

Warp> throw
is for everything else
and then from there just get whatever you want. I went with slam just for fun as Area Pull> Area Slam is fun to use.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#4Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 11:06:05 AM
ghosta2 posted...
all you need is warp, pull, and throw

pull is for removing guardian shields

Warp> throw
is for everything else
and then from there just get whatever you want. I went with slam just for fun as Area Pull> Area Slam is fun to use.

This seems to be what I'm finding. Any recommendation on bonus power? Beyond that, would just like to know if Liara should take singularity, stasis, and warp, or only 1 or 2 of those, +warp ammo?

herduliekmudkip posted...
anything you want

sp is stupid easy

In most places I find, yeah, it is. I still like to approach things in the most effective way though. Or rather, I like to know what is most effective so that when I decide to make a change to it, I'll know exactly why, so that I can gauge whether or not it was worth it.

And there has been at least 1 section involving a giant reaper and a bunch of brutes that I could not do at all until I decided to disregard the fight and ran around stealthed instead.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#5squidney2k1Posted 12/2/2012 8:10:15 PM
As an Adept, you just want to keep your cooldown as low as you can. That means probably only 1 weapon, or 1 weapon + an SMG/Pistol with Ultra-Lighweight Materials, but you still need to pick light weapons.

Depending on what DLCs you have:
Weapons - Harrier, Phaeston, Indra, Eviscerator, Mattock, Raptor, Talon (w/ ULM), Hurricane (w/ ULM)
Powers - Flare, Energy Drain, Warp Ammo, Dominate, or Barrier (if you need defenses)

I prefer to use the Harrier and no back-up weapon. Right now in SP, I have the Harrier VII and it gives me I think a 194% cooldown rate, with no backup. Running out of ammo doesn't bother me since ammo is plentiful, and I can always still spam my powers.

Flare is absolutely Boss, but Barrier is a good choice if you don't spam all of the time, as you can always detonate it if you get surrounded and don't have a shotgun equipped.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!
#6deathscythe257Posted 12/2/2012 8:35:34 PM
Get reave from kaidan as your bonus power... max out throw to get double throw...

Equip Vindicator and and carnifex...

Map Cluster Grenades (spec it so that you have 6 cluster grenades total), reave, and throw to your buttons...

Congrats, you now have the best shepard adept build for SP...

This is how I breezed through the game... reave/throw everything (slam is also a viable option), for stronger/close range targets, reave --> cluster grenade... Equip armor parts to speed up recharge as much as possible... dont think I died once...
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#7MalzelPosted 12/2/2012 8:48:18 PM
Now that the mechanics for Singularity have changed, use that.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#8MurphysGhostPosted 12/2/2012 8:53:13 PM
Malzel posted...
Now that the mechanics for Singularity have changed, use that.

I had thought the changes for MP didn't apply to SP? Could be wrong, though.

One way or the other, Singularity's still quite effective in SP because there's a ton of unshielded enemies. I had an Insanity Adept run with Throw, Warp and Singularity mapped and it was pretty straight-forward, nothing was tough to bring down.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#9SageOfLifePosted 12/2/2012 9:03:45 PM(edited)
Anything that keeps your recharge times at 200% is good. That will be the vast majority of pistols and SMGs, though you might need ultralight materials for some of them. Avenger and Vindicator are both good assault rifles from the beginning, while the Mattock, Phaeston, and Harrier need a few levels. Disciple, Wraith, Eviscorator, and Katana are all relatively light for shotguns.

I'm adding this because I still see a lot of people who don't realize it; if Warp is used to detonate a tech burst or a fire explosion, it still primes the target for detonation by another biotic power such as Throw. For example, with the proper party members or bonus powers, you could have a lot of fun with Overload>Warp>Throw, Incinerate>Warp>Throw, or even Overload>Incinerate>Warp>Throw.

For bonus powers you have a few options;

My preference is Warp Ammo. It seems a bit counter-intuitive, but a lifted target is one that has been primed for a biotic explosion. They don't necessarily have to be floating in the air. So during that two second or so lull between using Warp and using Throw, you can cause extra damage by shooting the enemy with Warp Ammo on. At least that's what I've been told. Even if it's not true, you still get a damage bonus to armor, barriers, and health.

Stasis is good if you want more crowd-control. Especially since this one works on enemies with shields or barriers. Won't work on armor though.

Reave is good for a defense boost and causing two biotic explosions at once when combined with Double Throw. I don't particularly care for the overlap with Warp though.

Flare is good if you just want to blow things up.

Dark Channel is good if you want to chain biotic explosions.

Barrier is good if you want a flat defense boost. Make sure your weapon-weight is kept as low as possible for this though. It can also be evolved to increase the damage of all of your other powers while active. This won't affect damage caused by biotic explosions, but it does have a noticeable effect on your DPS if your weight is kept low, even mor so if you cut the penalty in half.

If you want to step outside of biotics, there are other good options;

Energy Drain is good for dealing with shields and potentially giving yourself a defense boost. It's also good for causing two types of power detonations in the same combo if you don't want to relay on squadmates for that.

Inferno Grenade is another source of damage to armor and organic health. Like Energy Drain, it's good for causing multiple power detonations in the same combo if you don't want to rely on squadmates. This one only applies if you have the latest patch.

Proximity Mine is good against boss-type enemies if you evolve it to make enemies take more damage from other attacks. This also makes it an excellent detonator for tech bursts or fire explosions set up by your squadmates.

Armor Piercing Ammo is an alternative to Warp Ammo, but on an Adept is inferior in most cases.

Defense Matrix works nearly identically to Barrier when active, but it's purge effect makes it useful for emergency shield regeneration.

For your question about Liara, priority for her powers should be Pure Biotic>Warp>Stasis>Singularity>Warp Ammo. She is not there to shoot things. She's largely redundant for an Adept anyway. Kaidan and/or Javik would be more useful and give more freedom in bonus powers.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#10Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/2/2012 9:02:00 PM
I alternate loadouts, but it's incredibly easy for me. For my Adept: I rotate between the Cerberus Harrier (200% cooldown after V), Paladin, Executioner pistol, and the Wraith. For the most part I just power spam. Liara's Singularity coupled with Shep's Reave is phenomenal, and we haven't even mentioned Flare yet.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | King of Sanctum