Platinum lobby. Kick that guy ? Nah, just give him a chance...

#1NonoruPosted 12/1/2012 1:20:39 PM
Was hosting a lobby today and that guy which had a N7 rank of 27 showed up in last.

Geth Soldier Lv13 with freakin' Avenger II.
As expected less than a sec later, two red crosses on him.

I thought, why not let him play ? Eh, the guy was ballsy enough to try out the last difficulty with this, after all.

End scores showed him at the top. The guy played efficiently, by being supportive and aggressive enough while holding on his own most of the time.
He had a bit of trouble on the objectives by i can hardly blame that.

Morality, people should just give others a chance. Sometimes you might just make a mistake by being too prompt to kick out.

Lesson was learned for me as well.
---
Waiting for FFXIIIvs, KH III,Bioshock Inf.
#2fennell92Posted 12/1/2012 1:22:57 PM
999/1000 times that does not happen, based on what I've seen/heard.
#3xKryptonKnightxPosted 12/1/2012 1:24:17 PM
You left out one major detail: did you finish wave 10?
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#4XenoSuikodenPosted 12/1/2012 1:26:06 PM
Well we know what this mean.

NERF GETH SOLDIER
#5Nonoru(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:27:54 PM
Yes, we got full extraction.

Giant, reapers.
---
#6Talon5967Posted 12/1/2012 1:28:56 PM
I'm surprised the other two didn't drop out of the lobby. That's what seems to usually happen when they try to vote someone out, but one player refuses to vote.

And I understand the reasoning for them trying to kick. To me, any match that does not at least complete wave 10 is a waste of my time. Therefore, I'm not particularly inclined to play with someone that I have no idea how good they actually are, but their setup indicates they would be a hindrance.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#7NefhithPosted 12/1/2012 1:31:08 PM
I find this hard to swallow.

The damage a Avenger II does cannot be compared by far to what the weapons all you had, and even if he spammed his skills like crazy, the equipment, weapon upgrades and skills he was (I'm 100% sure about this) lacking couldn't be compared, by far, to what the worse of all of you had.

2/10 Would not bang that story but nice joke.
#8Nonoru(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:35:30 PM
fennell92 posted...
999/1000 times that does not happen, based on what I've seen/heard.

I tend to agree with you but you know, sometimes, you just don't care and want to see what happens. It was a good surprise.

@Talon, i though they would drop out as well, but i suppose they just went with "i won't help him out if he screws up" kind of mind. In the end it turned out fine.

I wouldn't accept new people constantly though. Had my share of bad experiences too.
---
#9Nonoru(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:40:53 PM
Nefhith posted...
I find this hard to swallow.

The damage a Avenger II does cannot be compared by far to what the weapons all you had, and even if he spammed his skills like crazy, the equipment, weapon upgrades and skills he was (I'm 100% sure about this) lacking couldn't be compared, by far, to what the worse of all of you had.

2/10 Would not bang that story but nice joke.

You say that as if other players(me included) were god players with maximiz'd build + harriers or stuff. Not the case for me.

All in all, it was a good game. Nothing easy, but at least, better than expected.
---
#10zhobanPosted 12/1/2012 1:44:22 PM
Nonoru posted...
Was hosting a lobby today and that guy which had a N7 rank of 27 showed up in last.

Geth Soldier Lv13 with freakin' Avenger II.
As expected less than a sec later, two red crosses on him.

I thought, why not let him play ? Eh, the guy was ballsy enough to try out the last difficulty with this, after all.

End scores showed him at the top. The guy played efficiently, by being supportive and aggressive enough while holding on his own most of the time.
He had a bit of trouble on the objectives by i can hardly blame that.

Morality, people should just give others a chance. Sometimes you might just make a mistake by being too prompt to kick out.

Lesson was learned for me as well.

I'm pretty sure of the answer but did they use equipment? But then again, it is quite possible that they play on a different platform so they know how it is on Platinum.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)