Multiplayer Pass vs. actual Xbox Live Gold?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Multiplayer Pass vs. actual Xbox Live Gold?

User Info: RashoujinMizuki

RashoujinMizuki
4 years ago#1
I'm trying to use a Multiplayer Pass to play ME3 online, but it seems the online DLC isn't showing up even after I've downloaded and installed it. Is this because I'm using a Multiplayer Pass, and I actually need Gold to install the MP DLC?

User Info: manbearpig654

manbearpig654
4 years ago#2
You need both.
Ah, yes! I was wondering what would break first! Your spirit...or your body.

User Info: Kingmichael1337

Kingmichael1337
4 years ago#3
if you plan on playing online, you need gold

the multiplayer pass is just so EA makes sure they get your monies; it's to deter people from buying used copies
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL

User Info: Xero_Macharius

Xero_Macharius
4 years ago#4
Not sure I understand what you mean by DLC "not showing up" but I have a friend who is playing MP on a Silver account, thought she did have a Gold account. previously when playing MP.

(Her Gold account ran out after she had all the DLC)
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox

User Info: chobit_A5HL3Y

chobit_A5HL3Y
4 years ago#5
Xero_Macharius posted...
Not sure I understand what you mean by DLC "not showing up" but I have a friend who is playing MP on a Silver account, thought she did have a Gold account. previously when playing MP.

you cannot access online mp on a silver account. your friend prolly has/had more time.

User Info: MagicJab

MagicJab
4 years ago#6
I read some where that live was free this weekend

User Info: MedicFromHell

MedicFromHell
4 years ago#7
Xero_Macharius posted...

I tried that. You can still set up your character ( powers, weapons, equipment ) on a Silver account but I could not join or start a game.
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: http://tinyurl.com/ME3MPDOC - Also add GfaqsME3MPList to your XBL friends list!

User Info: mikel200222

mikel200222
4 years ago#8
MagicJab posted...
I read some where that live was free this weekend

It is.
If you see this it means I've lost my nerve and stopped lurking.

User Info: Xero_Macharius

Xero_Macharius
4 years ago#9
MedicFromHell posted...
Xero_Macharius posted...

I tried that. You can still set up your character ( powers, weapons, equipment ) on a Silver account but I could not join or start a game.

Err okay, maybe she's using a trial code or something, I know she doesn't have a gold membership. If i look at her membership status in the social tab on the dashboard it lists her membership as "free" not "gold".
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox

User Info: ROBPW1

ROBPW1
4 years ago#10
Xbox live for 12 months is 39.99 at New Egg today
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Multiplayer Pass vs. actual Xbox Live Gold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived