Multiplayer Pass vs. actual Xbox Live Gold?

#1RashoujinMizukiPosted 12/1/2012 11:13:20 PM
I'm trying to use a Multiplayer Pass to play ME3 online, but it seems the online DLC isn't showing up even after I've downloaded and installed it. Is this because I'm using a Multiplayer Pass, and I actually need Gold to install the MP DLC?
#2manbearpig654Posted 12/1/2012 11:18:20 PM
You need both.
---
Ah, yes! I was wondering what would break first! Your spirit...or your body.
#3Kingmichael1337Posted 12/1/2012 11:58:56 PM
if you plan on playing online, you need gold

the multiplayer pass is just so EA makes sure they get your monies; it's to deter people from buying used copies
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#4Xero_MachariusPosted 12/2/2012 1:29:33 AM
Not sure I understand what you mean by DLC "not showing up" but I have a friend who is playing MP on a Silver account, thought she did have a Gold account. previously when playing MP.

(Her Gold account ran out after she had all the DLC)
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#5chobit_A5HL3YPosted 12/2/2012 1:34:32 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...
Not sure I understand what you mean by DLC "not showing up" but I have a friend who is playing MP on a Silver account, thought she did have a Gold account. previously when playing MP.

you cannot access online mp on a silver account. your friend prolly has/had more time.
#6MagicJabPosted 12/2/2012 2:29:52 AM
I read some where that live was free this weekend
#7MedicFromHellPosted 12/2/2012 5:12:16 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...

I tried that. You can still set up your character ( powers, weapons, equipment ) on a Silver account but I could not join or start a game.
---
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: http://tinyurl.com/ME3MPDOC - Also add GfaqsME3MPList to your XBL friends list!
#8mikel200222Posted 12/2/2012 10:04:37 AM
MagicJab posted...
I read some where that live was free this weekend

It is.
---
If you see this it means I've lost my nerve and stopped lurking.
#9Xero_MachariusPosted 12/4/2012 12:58:02 AM
MedicFromHell posted...
Xero_Macharius posted...

I tried that. You can still set up your character ( powers, weapons, equipment ) on a Silver account but I could not join or start a game.

Err okay, maybe she's using a trial code or something, I know she doesn't have a gold membership. If i look at her membership status in the social tab on the dashboard it lists her membership as "free" not "gold".
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#10ROBPW1Posted 12/4/2012 10:31:36 AM
Xbox live for 12 months is 39.99 at New Egg today