Neutralize Threat Mission for Multiplayer?

#11NS_RegentParkPosted 12/3/2012 6:48:29 AM
Why Harvesters aren't in MP:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14635644/1#14635791
---
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#12SinisterSamuraiPosted 12/3/2012 8:18:53 AM
Talon5967 posted...
Though the gunship on Reactor would be a problem. And the only way it would be a threat on Glacier is if you're out in the open on the loading dock.

But, if it is the objective, then you'd have to go to the loading dock to fight it.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#13Talon5967Posted 12/3/2012 3:16:53 PM
SinisterSamurai posted...
Talon5967 posted...
Though the gunship on Reactor would be a problem. And the only way it would be a threat on Glacier is if you're out in the open on the loading dock.

But, if it is the objective, then you'd have to go to the loading dock to fight it.

Which is why I said out in the open. The loading dock would offer a lot of cover, especially considering that a gunship would have to stay in the open area where the shuttle arrives. And you would also be able to fire from the lab or the corridor rather easily.

It would fall on phantoms and atlas's to force players into the open, so that the gunship would actually be a threat. And someone already suggested that an objective like this would have only grunt level enemies.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#14BlackSpyro_33(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:00:03 PM
o: Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought this idea would be cool if implemented. Say, speaking out of ignorance right now, but is there a way to actually propose this to the development team?

I'm pretty sure that Harvesters have at one point or another been considered, since they already have the models and AI, but as discussed in the bioware forum topic link, scaling things down would make them look silly or something. I can kinda see that. Might be one of the reasons they didn't actually add them.

But yeah, that's why I made the comment on how every faction is literally working together, via indoctrination or by definition, to try to take all of us down. So having boss types appear according to stages would be better than forcing types per faction.

:x I can't keep that phrase out of my head now. "INCOMING HARVESTER!"

Do a barrel roll and press A to shoot. :D
---
MMSF - Leo FC: 2664 7689 8101 MMSF2 - Zerker FC: 4125 0059 9928; MMSF3 - BA FC: 4082 3429 8705 - Pokemon Platinum FC: 2836 6253 7871
#15Aurion819Posted 12/4/2012 9:23:24 AM
I like the idea of map-specific bosses.

White: Cerberus Gunship
Ghost: Collector Oculus
Giant: Thresher Maw
Glacier: Gunship
Dagger: Thresher Maw
Reactor: Oculus
Condor: Reaper Harvester
Hydra: Geth Colossus
Jade: Escaped Yahg
Goddess: Harvester