any one not promote any of ur characters just to hhave them always level 20

#11GrayZStarrPosted 12/4/2012 1:12:06 AM(edited)
Do the cool thing.

Promote as the new classes come out. Buy a few PSPs, they'll be at level 16-17, and you get a nice free amount of N7.
---
----
#12overkill_78Posted 12/4/2012 1:11:36 AM(edited)
I promote constantly. I'll probably stop one day (I did for a bit around N7 3000) but I like grinding out for levels, I'm a sucker for pointless level ups. I'm also confident in my ability to contribute in a Gold match at level 1. Maybe not as much as a level 20 for sure, but I'll still be OK.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#13perfect_generalPosted 12/4/2012 3:30:47 AM
I level up in bunches, usually after I've saved up a bunch of credits and want to splurge when a new character or weapons get released so when I get character cards, they don't go to waste.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#14kungfuj0Posted 12/4/2012 3:35:43 AM
I take it by spells promoting. For the most part, I don't promote that often, but during weekend challenges where promoting is needed, I'll do alot of it. Also, I tend to like nice, round numbers. My n7 is like 4200 even now. I went for and got the N7 banner for promoting, and my score was close to 4200, so I evened it out. It will probably stay that way until the next weekend where they ask us to promote comes.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#15MalevolentFishPosted 12/4/2012 3:49:31 AM
I've only ever promoted for four reasons:

1. N7 Mastery (which is done now).
2. Weekend Challenge with a promotion objective.
3. I have completely run out of reset cards and am having trouble getting more.
4. I want to reset two or more characters in the same class.

Outside of those reasons, I keep my characters at 20.
---
XBL: Malevolent Fish // PSN: MalevolentFish
"But why is the rum gone?"
#16ArandomthoughtPosted 12/4/2012 4:04:03 AM
I'm currently waiting to get most uncommon weapons to 10, and some rares/ultra rares up there too just so that when I do promote, my guys aren't useless.
---
Rob ign: rlee1988
Xbox live: rlee1988
#17gobuffalo30Posted 12/4/2012 5:18:21 AM
I'm going to keep promoting until I have all the characters and then I'll only promote when I don't have the reset power option.
#18InxentasPosted 12/4/2012 7:31:57 AM
Promoting characters will eventually lead to the UNAVAILABILITY OF THE BAD ENDINGS. I know it's kind of an academic problem, but it can still happen if you just keep on promoting. So screw this endless play-promote-repeat cycle. Not that it matters, MP sucks anyway.
---
For future reference: landing in active vulcanoes tends to fry our sensors and melt our hull.
#19Crimsonhead4Posted 12/4/2012 8:09:28 AM
I hate leveling up characters from low levels so rarely promote. The only time I really ever do is when I want to change up a characters skills but don't have a reset powers card