Guess I better enjoy my acolyte classes while I can...

#31code_kirinPosted 12/4/2012 7:52:23 AM
All I'm saying is that if Acolyte can't de-barrier a Phantom in one shot, it's completely useless to me. We'll just have to wait and see how bad they neuter it. Needing to use amps to achieve the same effect will eliminate its use as a sidearm as well, since no one is going to use pistol amps for it. Which I guess is the point...
#32Jashin_SamaPosted 12/4/2012 8:01:54 AM
code_kirin posted...
All I'm saying is that if Acolyte can't de-barrier a Phantom in one shot, it's completely useless to me. We'll just have to wait and see how bad they neuter it. Needing to use amps to achieve the same effect will eliminate its use as a sidearm as well, since no one is going to use pistol amps for it. Which I guess is the point...

Don't you go and get logical, you can't just present points I can't argue against after making a broad claim! Jerk...

But I agree. If it needs amps to strip shields fully in one shot it effectively becomes useless as a sidearm, outclassed by weapons that are generally more versatile. It would still, however, be effective for Caster classes, who, as far as I remember, don't get Explosion boosts from their Amps anyway.

That said, they'll either do one of two things; It will be rendered useless in general, or hardly be touched.

I'm more worried for StimPacks.
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#33Doolz2024Posted 12/4/2012 8:06:27 AM
Valkyrie buff is much appreciated. Also knew the Acolyte would be nerfed at some point. I don't mind it at all. It really should be toned down a bit.
#34BlazingxPaddlesPosted 12/4/2012 8:36:56 AM
It's just a bunch of morons debating what it's going to be. I don't see anything factual in that thread you linked.
#35CharmilePosted 12/4/2012 8:40:45 AM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
It's just a bunch of morons debating what it's going to be. I don't see anything factual in that thread you linked.

Do you have a BSN account? If you do and sign in, then click the Bioware logo underneath it, you'll find all the post by Eric F agnan(censor prevent using his full last name together), who post the balance changes, and who will often give a preview of what is to come this week
---
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?
#36CaelestinePosted 12/4/2012 9:13:33 AM
To be fair, those are valid concern.

The Acolyte is like a hand held grenade launcher that hardly have weight implication.

The stimpacks is also make the new turian more tank than Krogan when active. If workable, they should scale that with difficulty. A full power stimpack can let the havoc class stand there and take almost any hit except the 1 hit kill from bosses in bronze.
#37Haley Joel OsmentPosted 12/4/2012 9:19:39 AM
Caelestine posted...
A full power stimpack can let the havoc class stand there and take almost any hit except the 1 hit kill from bosses in bronze.

Phaeston X is OP in Bronze too. Nerf plz.

---
I see dead people.