Balance Changes: 12/4/12

#21code_kirinPosted 12/4/2012 3:52:56 PM
I think the nerf to the Acolyte is enough to where it can't one-shot a Phantom's barriers on gold anymore. Eric and friends don't seem to be done nerfing it either. Would have preferred they just reverted its charge mechanic and been done with it.

I'm not sure I'll enjoy playing Havoc much after this. Stims got an awful nerf while Havoc Strike got some useless buffs.

Oh well, QMM is out at least.
#22xionnoixPosted 12/4/2012 3:53:16 PM
i guess the 800 shield drop on stim pack is ok. i think they should've went w/ 1500 - just looks better than 1200 to me. i know the 300 shields is not a huge difference.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9bxgM.jpg
#23code_kirinPosted 12/4/2012 3:56:14 PM
xion_noix posted...
i guess the 800 shield drop on stim pack is ok. i think they should've went w/ 1500 - just looks better than 1200 to me. i know the 300 shields is not a huge difference.

That's base. The total went from 4000 to 2400.

Also QMM has 500 base shields. Lol :)
#24xionnoixPosted 12/4/2012 4:48:48 PM(edited)
^
right, i got that, i'm just looking at it how i like to physically see numerical values. ehh, hope that makes sense.
i'm currently going over 4 databases at work and i rather work w/ numbers that are divisible by 5 :) < more edit, i know its divisible by 5. blah, i'm having a long day, been working since saturday .

edit: also, thanks for the clarification :)
---
http://i.imgur.com/9bxgM.jpg
#25NafzgerPosted 12/4/2012 4:05:42 PM
I really want to not use the Piranha on this QMS, but the Piranha is just so good with Marksman.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#26Jashin_SamaPosted 12/4/2012 4:09:00 PM
code_kirin posted...
I think the nerf to the Acolyte is enough to where it can't one-shot a Phantom's barriers on gold anymore. Eric and friends don't seem to be done nerfing it either. Would have preferred they just reverted its charge mechanic and been done with it.

Not to pick another fight, but are you taking into account barrel mods on the Acolyte, partnered with Pistol Amps? The classes that can't afford to take two shots at the Phantom due to their HP (Casters) don't need their Weapon Mod anyway, as they're usually only carrying a pistol to begin with, so what's the harm in actually using the mod? And the Acolyte doesn't -need- anything on it aside from, arguably, ULM or the melee mod, while an Acolyte X is light enough to not really hurt you for ignoring the ULM in favor of the damage-increasing mods.

All in all, it's a nerf, but it doesn't really destroy the gun.

However, I do agree that they should have just brought back the charge mechanic and call it quits there; I remember suggesting just that last night.

I'm not sure I'll enjoy playing Havoc much after this. Stims got an awful nerf while Havoc Strike got some useless buffs.

I'll have to disagree here. Stims are still useful, and one of my favorite standalone skills. It still means the Havoc and Ghost have OpsPacks they can replenish and use whenever they want, still get to effectively double their shields. They max out at, what? 1200 with Fitness? This gives them 2400. Do Stims -add- 2400 shields or increase to 2400? Either way, you're looking at 2400-3600 shields - that's still ridiculously bulky for a class that has a dodge as stupid as the Havoc and Ghost, and they can use them multiple times without any detriment - most ammo boxes drop 2 grenades on Gold anyway.

The damage debuff effectively counts for, what? 7% total? That's literally nothing, so much so that I wonder why they would bother.

Amen on the QMM though. Can't wait till my bad luck lets me pull one.
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#27code_kirinPosted 12/4/2012 5:06:08 PM
I do not fight on the internet. It's called a gentlemanly discussion.

Acolyte maxes out at 441 base now. (441x)*5 = 3075 (Gold Phantom's barrier), x = ~1.40. This means you need 40% in weapon damage boosts to de-barrier a Phantom with it now. Heavy Barrel alone or High Caliber Barrel + 15% from other sources should do this.

Stims add their shield count to your current amount. The nerf really doesn't affect ghosts at all. Heck, I only ever used stims as a damage boost when I had an assault rifle ghost. I am really going to miss the extra shields on my melee-specced ghost though, as well as the Havoc. I'd have to try them out to see for myself, but just looking at stims on paper they're no longer a top tier skill. I've also had the joy of being staggered out of a stim, consuming a grenade, and not getting any shields back whatsoever. Great stuff.
#28TysakasaPosted 12/4/2012 5:16:09 PM
Jashin_Sama posted...
code_kirin posted...

Not to pick another fight, but are you taking into account barrel mods on the Acolyte, partnered with Pistol Amps? The classes that can't afford to take two shots at the Phantom due to their HP (Casters) don't need their Weapon Mod anyway, as they're usually only carrying a pistol to begin with, so what's the harm in actually using the mod? And the Acolyte doesn't -need- anything on it aside from, arguably, ULM or the melee mod, while an Acolyte X is light enough to not really hurt you for ignoring the ULM in favor of the damage-increasing mods.

All in all, it's a nerf, but it doesn't really destroy the gun.

However, I do agree that they should have just brought back the charge mechanic and call it quits there; I remember suggesting just that last night.

The reason for the removal of the charge up was because it was one of the methods to use the missile glitch. Them re-adding the charge would pretty much say "yes, missile glitch with this weapon again". So unless Bioware can actually fix the ability to missile glitch completely, the only way to really nerf the present state of the weapon is by lowering the damage, rate of fire and ammo, since weight would screw power users. Or so they whine anyways...
#29Chaos_19Posted 12/4/2012 5:19:58 PM
Almost no impact to the Ghost, but they hurt the Havoc and buffing Havoc Strike is like giving someone a sucker after you've cut their leg off.

They need to increase the weapon damage bonuses in the Havoc training tree by 5-10% each.
---
Experts are to Fox News what winners are to the Special Olympics. If you show up, you are one.
#30code_kirinPosted 12/4/2012 5:20:48 PM
Missile glitch is still very possible. If they wanted to get rid of it completely with the same brutish method they used on Acolyte and Krysae, they'd need to get rid of GPS, Arc Pistol, and Kishock charge as well.