Balance Changes: 12/4/12

#31BrighattalonPosted 12/4/2012 5:22:18 PM
Aww, man, why did they nerf the Acolyte? I hope the 10% damage drop doesnt hurt it too much. (But on a bright note, happy to see the N7 Valkyrie get a boost)
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#32Jashin_SamaPosted 12/4/2012 5:31:40 PM
code_kirin posted...
I do not fight on the internet. It's called a gentlemanly discussion.

Do we end with gentlemanly duels if we can't come to an understanding? I call a duel with pistols against the setting sun~

Acolyte maxes out at 441 base now. (441x)*5 = 3075 (Gold Phantom's barrier), x = ~1.40. This means you need 40% in weapon damage boosts to de-barrier a Phantom with it now. Heavy Barrel alone or High Caliber Barrel + 15% from other sources should do this.

Which supports my argument of the nerf not really being a nerf, as the High Caliber Barrel and a Pistol Amp II, or the Heavy Barrel alone, will suffice. The classes that need the Acolyte won't really notice the difference, as the mods to the Acolyte were fluff before this, outside of the ULM.

It could have been way, way worse. The Acolyte really dodged a bullet here.

Stims add their shield count to your current amount. The nerf really doesn't affect ghosts at all. Heck, I only ever used stims as a damage boost when I had an assault rifle ghost. I am really going to miss the extra shields on my melee-specced ghost though, as well as the Havoc. I'd have to try them out to see for myself, but just looking at stims on paper they're no longer a top tier skill. I've also had the joy of being staggered out of a stim, consuming a grenade, and not getting any shields back whatsoever. Great stuff

As I said, the 7% damage debuff doesn't really affect the Ghost or Havoc at all, leaving me curious why they bothered. Is there some enemy that the 7% damage boost for 9 seconds allows the Ghost or Havoc to kill with a certain weapon that they wouldn't be able to in that same amount of time otherwise? It's just silly.

The shields aren't all that bad. It's essentially +2400 shields whenever I run out of them, which essentially makes them an OpPack I can pick up at a supply box rather than wait to refill my 6 between matches. It still makes the Havoc an amazing rush tank with 3600 shields that can replenish themselves at least twice per assault, and unlike other bulky classes with ridiculous tanking ability he also has a ridiculous dodge and some of the best weapon buffs in Armiger Legion, atop sick melee potential. He isn't as bulky as the Kroguard, but he isn't supposed to be; he's hit and run, where the Kroguard smashes everything in sight.

That said, the Ghost will still be superior. It's really hard to argue Havoc Strike over Tac Cloak, unless Strike starts refilling shields like Biotic Charge.
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#33deathscythe257Posted 12/4/2012 6:00:34 PM
YEEE!!! Finally my quarian marksman, I actually have a reason to pick up mp again
---
Yes, this is a signature.
#34Xero_MachariusPosted 12/5/2012 12:40:02 AM
+1200 Shield Stimpacks are still more than enough to rambo through gold/collectors with a lvl 1 Ghost.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero%20M%20XTC&platform=xbox
#35Haley Joel OsmentPosted 12/5/2012 12:46:54 AM
The Acolyte nerf is essentially meaningless. I tried it out on a couple of characters last night and it still one-shots Phantom barriers on Gold with the heavy barrel equipped (which I always had before anyway since you still have 190% cooldown with it), even on a character with zero points invested in weapon damage and no consumables. It also still takes the same number of shots to take down the shields/barriers of a Banshee/Atlas/etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed again in the future, given that this one pretty much did nothing in real terms.

---
I see dead people.
#36AllDay524Posted 12/5/2012 1:03:13 AM
The Acolyte nerf is essentially meaningless. I tried it out on a couple of characters last night and it still one-shots Phantom barriers on Gold with the heavy barrel equipped (which I always had before anyway since you still have 190% cooldown with it), even on a character with zero points invested in weapon damage and no consumables. It also still takes the same number of shots to take down the shields/barriers of a Banshee/Atlas/etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed again in the future, given that this one pretty much did nothing in real terms.

I personally don't think the nerf was to stop it's barrier/shields killing potential, but it's unwarranted damage to health. That thing could take out a Phantom in 3 shots. Now I'm doing it in 4-5.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit