Which SP class is most fun to play as?

#11ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 10:05:17 AM
Ok, so I started a new playthrough to test some other stuff.

I am just steamrolling everything with Tech Bursts and Fire Explosions. As in, I actually respecced as soon as I could to reduce the number of skills I had available just to play Shepard more like a MP character.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#12Drophyd167bPosted 12/5/2012 12:46:43 PM
I would probably say Infiltrator. I've done three playthroughs (others being Sentinel and Vanguard) and it's the only one that I can recall offering any kind of variation. Vanguard was easily the most boring. Just 30 hours of Charge and Nova. There was no need to use my gun, which was disappointing given that it was effectively the Shotgun class in the previous two games.

I feel like letting the player start at level 30 was a mistake, as it just killed any sense of advancement or progression. I should probably use a save editor to start at a more reasonable level in my next playthrough, see if I enjoy the game more that way.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - Drophyd167b
#13zegram33Posted 12/5/2012 12:50:14 PM
adept/engineer
gotta love that full-casting goodness.
#14NefhithPosted 12/5/2012 2:40:02 PM
Soldier.

Incendiary ammo + elemental conc. shot

Start making fire explosions or cryoexplosions with freezing ammo. That can make even insanity easy and fun.
#15ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 2:48:10 PM
I honestly want to know, how does Incendiary Concussive Shot differ from Carnage?
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#16MEFreak1984Posted 12/5/2012 4:05:50 PM
I love the Soldier with Carnage (Synergizes well with different Ammo Powers), and an Adept for obvious reasons (Ka-fu#&ing BOOM!)
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Diggin Minecraft Style"
#17iamdanthamanPosted 12/5/2012 5:38:18 PM
BashyMcFetus posted...
Rafficus_III posted...
Adept. I used to argue for Vanguards, but once I gained Reave the favoritism was shifted. Biotic explosions in this game are just too fun and with Liara and Javik at your control, it's hard not to want to be an Adept killing machine.

Try reave on a vanguard. Much fun to be had.

Dark channel is even better.
---
All your base are belong to us
#18Chr0noidPosted 12/5/2012 7:05:17 PM
I honestly don't get all the love for Adept. Has way too many redundant powers. Not to mention it's basically UNCHANGED from the last two games. Gets really boring, really fast for me.

As for my opinion on the matter, I'd like to say Engineer but the class is so.....PASSIVE in its combat approach. Employ a drone, throw out a sentry turret, mix it in with a few Incinerates and you'll be as right as rain. It gets a bit more interesting on hardcore and Insanity but it feels like Engineer should be a LOT more interesting.

Honestly, the two most fun classes for me have got to be either vanguard or Infiltrator.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O