Solo Challenge

#1JediWatchmenPosted 12/5/2012 8:54:31 AM
First if you get one solo of plat does it max out the other levels. two what are the best characters, faction to solo against and what are the easiest maps to solo. I am fairly certain i can solo bronze on ghost against Cerberus with the batarian soldier would this work for the other levels.
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies.The darkness grows as all light dies.We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand...The dead shall rise!
#2Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/5/2012 8:58:52 AM
If you solo a higher difficulty it will count on every difficulty below it, but not above it. Thus, Gold solos count for Bronze and Silver as well, but not Platinum.

Giant and Rio are the easiest solo maps. Any large map is a good map to do so you can kite if need be. Characters are dependent on you. Just go with your best go-to character. I solo'd with the Kroguard, the Havoc, Manguard, the Vorcha Sentinel, and I believe another, but I can't remember right now. The Ghost and Kroguard are the easiest to solo with as they are a bit unkillable and have the two best powers in-game.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#3JediWatchmen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:01:02 AM
i have the kroguard how would i want to build ignoring carnage i assume.
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies.The darkness grows as all light dies.We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand...The dead shall rise!
#4Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/5/2012 9:05:15 AM
JediWatchmen posted...
i have the kroguard how would i want to build ignoring carnage i assume.

6 in everything, 0 in carnage. You can see my build in my manifest. I did the Gold solo with a Piranha, but the Reegar is a good choice as well. Slap on Shields gear, Cyclonic modulator, Inferno ammo, and a Shotgun Rail Amp, and you're an unkillable killing machine for the most part.
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://i48.tinypic.com/15mbg2t.jpg | The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#5Mr_PipboyPosted 12/5/2012 9:07:24 AM
The only faction you don't really want to fight alone is Collectors. The Reapers are probably the easiest. The strat for them is to pick off the brutes, cannibals and marauders while avoiding banshees and ravangers. The Asari Huntress is surprisingly good at this as she can hit a target with a cloaked dark channel and then fight other things while it slowly dies.

Cerberus are tricky because of dragoons and phantoms in the later waves. Atlases are the easiest bosses to kill, but those dragoon / phantom crowds can be tough. I find the Scorpion to be a great weapon to keep them at bay. You also want a primary weapon with AP

Geth are easy and hard if that makes sense. They cannot one hit kill you, but they can stun lock you to death. Try sticking to the edges of the map and avoid direct line of sight with Primes and you'll be good. Keep your head on a swivel as there is always a hunter and a bomber behind you.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King of Rio 1-0
#6BhelliumPosted 12/5/2012 9:12:52 AM
It should be noted that soloing Reapers requires A LOT of running/repositioning, even with Kroguards. Damn Banshees.

Still, they're probably the easiest if you can avoid the screamers.

Turian Ghost is a very powerful solo class btw. Geth Soldier as well, though it is pretty terrible against other Geth.
---
You are now aware that the island of Tar Valon from the Wheel of Time is a yonic symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/9/9c/Tarvalonmap.png
#7Rafficus_IIIPosted 12/5/2012 9:14:55 AM
Bhellium posted...
Geth Soldier as well, though it is pretty terrible against other Geth.

Really? I'm guessing this is a solo problem then, because with a team the Geth are second easiest with the Geth Trooper. Acolyte+Flamer = lots of dead things.
---
#8Mr_PipboyPosted 12/5/2012 9:16:10 AM
Bhellium posted...
It should be noted that soloing Reapers requires A LOT of running/repositioning, even with Kroguards. Damn Banshees.

Soloing in general is all about running around, but yes with reapers its more of a priority to reposition if in danger than it is to get a kill.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King of Rio 1-0
#9Haley Joel OsmentPosted 12/5/2012 9:20:28 AM
Rafficus_III posted...
Bhellium posted...

Really? I'm guessing this is a solo problem then, because with a team the Geth are second easiest with the Geth Trooper. Acolyte+Flamer = lots of dead things.

Geth don't have a panic emote when you light them on fire, so the strategy of a quick shot from the Acolyte and then a Flamer blast generally won't stop them shooting back at you. Which isn't ideal when the whole opposiing force is concentrating solely on you.

---
I see dead people.
#10BhelliumPosted 12/5/2012 9:21:20 AM
Rafficus_III posted...
Bhellium posted...

Lack of flinching without teammates is a pretty deadly combo
---
You are now aware that the island of Tar Valon from the Wheel of Time is a yonic symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/9/9c/Tarvalonmap.png