Just got the Ex-Cerb Adept, how should I build him?

#1lihlihPosted 12/5/2012 11:21:01 AM
He's the one with the yellow rope thingys in the picture, right?(it just says Human Adept or w/e, so I'm guessing) He looks cool and all that, so how should I build him?
---
http://i.imgur.com/8qeH8.png
Everyone should strive to be like Barry Cooper!
#2GrayZStarrPosted 12/5/2012 11:27:47 AM
Forgo Lash unless you wish to max it out

Have Smash for Biotic damage (can't remember if electrical smash still causes BE)

Acolyte for weapon, Singularity for BEs and Phantoms

Fitness for Health

Class for Power Damage

ect.
---
----
#3bessy67Posted 12/5/2012 11:28:49 AM
I like the 6/6/6/5/3 build on him, but if you feel that you need some more health and shields 6/6/6/3/5 or 6/6/6/0/6 work as well.

Singularity: radius, recharge speed, detonate
Smash: Biotic combo, force & damage, armor damage
Lash: detonate, recharge speed, shield penetration
passive: power damage & weight reduction, power damage
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4bessy67Posted 12/5/2012 11:30:21 AM
GrayZStarr posted...

Have Smash for Biotic damage (can't remember if electrical smash still causes BE)

It detonates biotic explosions, but doesn't prime them IIRC. You need to take the biotic evolution to have smash be a primer as well as a detonator.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#5Havoc49JPosted 12/5/2012 11:31:39 AM
bessy67 posted...
I like the 6/6/6/5/3 build on him, but if you feel that you need some more health and shields 6/6/6/3/5 or 6/6/6/0/6 work as well.

This is exactly what I use when I play him. I would steer clear of ignoring his passives though. Smash really suffers without power damage

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Adept/ExCerberus/QKPID/Wraith9AA1AA1//ShotgunRailAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule3/AdaptiveWarAmp5/
---
King of Giant 8-3
#6GrayZStarrPosted 12/5/2012 11:35:53 AM
Oooooh, it does? Neat.
---
----
#7terrysmay04Posted 12/5/2012 11:50:27 AM
Havoc49J posted...
bessy67 posted...

This is exactly what I use when I play him. I would steer clear of ignoring his passives though. Smash really suffers without power damage

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Adept/ExCerberus/QKPID/Wraith9AA1AA1//ShotgunRailAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule3/AdaptiveWarAmp5/

This guy beat me to it. This is the exact build I settled with. I use the acolyte for a gun, or maybe a carnifex/eagle/phalanx depending on what you have available
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#8bessy67Posted 12/5/2012 11:52:46 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
Havoc49J posted...
bessy67 posted...

This guy beat me to it. This is the exact build I settled with. I use the acolyte for a gun, or maybe a carnifex/eagle/phalanx depending on what you have available

I don't like the acolyte on this build. All three powers have at least some effect against shielded opponents, so acolyte isn't as important as it is to some other biotics. I like Talon or Wraith on him.
---
#9code_kirinPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:34 AM
I recommend skipping Lash, otherwise going 6/6/6/5/3. Lash is garbage though.

Singularity -> Smash can get you two biotic explosions at the same time. I suggest taking electrical damage on smash. It does a LOT of damage over time, and unboosted tech bursts do the same damage as unboosted biotic explosions. Besides, you can't detonate your smash biotic effect on armor without teammates, and teammates are way more likely to set off tech bursts.
#10Havoc49JPosted 12/5/2012 12:05:20 PM
code_kirin posted...
I recommend skipping Lash, otherwise going 6/6/6/5/3. Lash is garbage though.

Singularity -> Smash can get you two biotic explosions at the same time. I suggest taking electrical damage on smash. It does a LOT of damage over time, and unboosted tech bursts do the same damage as unboosted biotic explosions. Besides, you can't detonate your smash biotic effect on armor without teammates, and teammates are way more likely to set off tech bursts.

I can see taking Electrical over Biotic for smash but not skipping Lash. Singularity > Lash is your long range biotic combo. Without it, your long range capabilities are cut down to your light weight weapon without the benefit of weapon damage boosts from passives. The only thing this gives you is an insignificant amount of shields. That said, I've never personally tried this combo, so it might perform better than I expect.
---
King of Giant 8-3