How can you people still support bioware

#61fennell92Posted 12/5/2012 6:20:13 PM
DarthVashti posted...

"Auto dialogue": Bulls***. Every conversation had dialogue choices.

"Bad squadmates": They were just as capable as they were in Mass Effect 2 and a hell of a lot more effective than in Mass Effect 1.

"Worst misc missions": There was a problem with the side missions?

"No main enemy": The Reapers and Cerberus would like to say hello.

"Hurr durr the ending": Sure if you didn't download the extended cut than it wasn't that great but the extended cut fixed that problem.

Not trying to defend TC but...

There was a lot more auto dialogue in this game than in the last. Not to mention many conversation options were really not at all different:
"There's a million more like them and they need a leader!"
Option 1: "We're in this fight together!"
Option 2: "We're in this fight together Anderson"

Squadmates didn't get their own personalized missions like in ME2 so they felt less interesting.

Side missions involved eavesdropping on people in the Citadel and scanning a random planet. Rinse and repeat.

By no main enemy I think he means a single antagonistic character, like a foil to Shepard similar to Saren. It seemed like Kai Leng was meant for this role...but it's pretty widely agreed that Kai Leng was (one of) the worst character(s) in the series. The Illusive man had more of the background presence throughout much of the game, so it's hard to place him as a foil. And then Harbinger...honestly I didn't even realize that was him when you first see him.

And personally I didn't like the ending even with the EC, but I won't get into that.
#62ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 6:23:07 PM
I really wish Harbinger had, y'know, done something significant in 3. He was an interesting villain and a nice followup to Saren.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#63itrainpokemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:47:28 PM
thisranks posted...
@Fo-Fai: I don't care that some people didn't like the ending. I happen to agree that it's Bioware's game and they should end it the way they want.

Here's the problem with ending a game the way you want it ended. Other people might not like it. Too bad for them? Funny how you see it that way only when it affects you.

Because this isn't about the game ... it's about how you viewed it and having a place to complain when it isn't what you want. In other words, it's all about you ... and we know misery loves company.

It's really sad these people don't have the balls to get out there and show Bioware how it's done. I'd find it quite hilarious to see some of these people on the other side of the business model dealing with people just like themselves. What's worse is these people have been becoming more commonplace as the years go by. It's really like people have forgotten what gaming is really about.

YOU have to be kidding me

if wayyyy too many people hate the ending than something is wrong. "other people might not like it" NO thats not how you should think about it, if MOST people dont like it than theres a problem. If there is a huge problem in mas effect fans with the ending than theres a problem. Bioware made a terrible ending idc whos game it is, the ending is just bad.

But for some reason you people dont seem to realize how bad the rest of the game is, It feels like i had less than 30 dialogue options throughout the whole game. those eaves drop missions are you kidding me shepard eaves drops on 50 ppl who need something RIDICULOUS. The squadmates from part 2? LOL NAH WELL JUST GIVE YOU NEW BORING SQUADMATES. All of those oh so important decisions that were supposed to change the whole game? and i quote from one of the main writers "You guys are not gonna believe the difference in your expereince if you make different decisions, like the rachni queen" no matter wth you did the rachni results in the same thing and they didnt even affect the game one bit.

DISGUSTING
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#64ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 6:55:36 PM
I remember something being said about, if we don't like the game, we don't have to spend our money on it. Well, I for one preordered it on good faith that what was being advertised was true. It wasn't. I regretted my hasty purchase of the finale of my favorite series.

You want to defend artistic integrity? Try commisioning a painting of yourself, paid in full, and the artist decides to paint himself instead. Maybe it's a wonderful painting, maybe not. The point is, that's a terrible business model.
---
#65orangeneePosted 12/5/2012 6:56:04 PM
scarletspeed7 posted...
I broke my diks after the ending.

I'm now going to read back and make sure he's been mocked sufficiently.....

Otherwise nothing interesting in here. Just a TC with sandy vaginus majoris.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#66Chr0noidPosted 12/5/2012 6:58:04 PM
thisranks posted...
@Fo-Fai: I don't care that some people didn't like the ending. I happen to agree that it's Bioware's game and they should end it the way they want.

Here's the problem with ending a game the way you want it ended. Other people might not like it. Too bad for them? Funny how you see it that way only when it affects you.

Because this isn't about the game ... it's about how you viewed it and having a place to complain when it isn't what you want. In other words, it's all about you ... and we know misery loves company.

It's really sad these people don't have the balls to get out there and show Bioware how it's done. I'd find it quite hilarious to see some of these people on the other side of the business model dealing with people just like themselves. What's worse is these people have been becoming more commonplace as the years go by. It's really like people have forgotten what gaming is really about.

What are you even talking about? Where did you get the idea it was all about me? This isn't about me at all. As for the rest of your post.... it makes no ****ing sense. You know what? I'd like to show you something It's going to require you to view a portion of a video on youtube. Either take my offer or don't, but I am curious to see how you respond if you do accept it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMkTx3ATkQ

Skip to around 45:25. It is highly relevant to what we are debating right now. If you honestly still believe it's ONLY Bioware's game then we'll go from there.
---
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O
#67SkitzocrayonPosted 12/5/2012 7:00:03 PM
itrainpokemon posted...
After that insult of a game mass effect 3.

So many lazy and careless things were put into that game just to dub it down and appeal to COD fan boyz.

That game was just auto dialogue,bad squad mates,the worst misc missions ever,no main enemy and im not even going to mention the ending

and you guys still buy that 15 dollar 3 hour long dlc?

thats also insulting, 3 hours for 15 bucks, i hope bioware goes broke and dies with ea

wahhhhh wahhhhhh

yo dude...my money. my time. my choice. DONT TREAD ON ME!
---
I believe this topic and every message in it falls under the generally considered patently offensive category and demand a mod delete it!!
#68DamnEvilDogPosted 12/5/2012 7:12:51 PM
And another topic with people in it hating the game and Bioware, it's been MONTHS, move on to another game and stop whining.

I bought the game and the SP story DLC stuff, I did not regret it and really enjoyed everything including the MP.

Again stop acting hurt like you were assaulted in a a back alley and move on to the many, other games out there.
#69hyjinx17Posted 12/5/2012 7:18:51 PM
Mass Effect 3 was a great game, without that ending. It was a poor choice, but it's been, what, 9 months now? Let it go.

If anyone should stop supporting Bioware it should be over SWTOR. Again, a poor choice, but hey what can yah do.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#70ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 7:22:27 PM
They're a victim of their own success, in a way. As long as people keep playing the multiplayer, the singleplayer will keep catching flak.
---