Epiphany I had about the ending and ME4 (spoilers)

#1BiggyDXPosted 12/5/2012 12:22:10 PM
This isn't about the Indoctrination Theory, the original ending, or the EC. What I'm referring to is the scene you get at the end of the game if you got a high enough EMS score and took the Destroy option where Shepard supposedly survives.

What if instead of the person at the end being Shepard, its actually the new protagonist for the next ME4 game?

I know there are some questions about said my idea. "The person in the rubble has Shepard's damaged armor." But Shepard wasn't the only Alliance soldier working their way towards the Citadel, and many men were being knocked away or burned by Harbingers laser's.

I'm just making an assumption on where I thought the developers wanted to go in terms of a sequel. But considering Casey Hudsons recent tweet about whether or not the fans want the game to be in the future after ME3 or in the past, that could blow my whole epiphany out of the water. IDK, I just thought it would be interesting if as soon as ME4 starts, you begin with the same scene from the end of ME3 as a new person and they have to be rushed to emergency. Here, you would do the whole customization thing all over again and start a new journey.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#2ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 12:26:22 PM
Wasn't it specifically N7 armor? It's just kinda Shepard.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#3bessy67Posted 12/5/2012 12:30:42 PM
I just don't see there ever being a direct sequel, at least one that takes place in the Milky Way galaxy. Bioware's line all along has been that the story is what the player makes it to be. To pick one of the endings and declare it as canon would go against everything they've ever said (which I guess they already did with the ME3 ending, but they caught so much flak from that and I doubt they'd do it again). I could definitely see prequels, but any sequel would almost have to be 4 very different games.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4MurphysGhostPosted 12/5/2012 12:51:14 PM
bessy67 posted...
Bioware's line all along has been that the story is what the player makes it to be.

It's more or less been a lie from day 1, though. Which is part of the reason why the flak ME3 took surprised me.

I think they need to just get over it and set a canon. There's a canon for KotOR, and I've never heard anyone argue that those games were ruined by it.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 1:00:43 PM
For one thing, KotOR wasn't initially set up as a series. And didn't someone else make the sequel? The problem with Mass Effect is how they kept talking about how are choices would matter. And ME2 set us up with some really cool choices. And then... pfft.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#6GoldenSWarriorsPosted 12/5/2012 1:15:23 PM
Bioware already said it was shepard.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#7SageOfLifePosted 12/5/2012 1:15:52 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
bessy67 posted...
Bioware's line all along has been that the story is what the player makes it to be.

It's more or less been a lie from day 1, though. Which is part of the reason why the flak ME3 took surprised me.

I think they need to just get over it and set a canon. There's a canon for KotOR, and I've never heard anyone argue that those games were ruined by it.

That's because the KotOR games are part of a much larger canon.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#8BhelliumPosted 12/5/2012 1:23:08 PM
If they try to force some canon ending on us I'll be ticked

not so much that I really care about "my" story being confirmed or denied
but because I just don't care about the post-Reaper galaxy

...unless we fight the Leviathans off, maybe. And they do Indoctrination right.
---
You are now aware that the island of Tar Valon from the Wheel of Time is a yonic symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/9/9c/Tarvalonmap.png
#9MurphysGhostPosted 12/5/2012 1:25:54 PM
SageOfLife posted...

And the ME trilogy is quickly becoming the same thing. ;)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10SageOfLifePosted 12/5/2012 1:27:28 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
SageOfLife posted...

And the ME trilogy is quickly becoming the same thing. ;)

It's setting up a new canon, not being added to an already extensive one.
---
I am the lizard queen!