Credit farming

#21MedicFromHellPosted 12/5/2012 7:52:56 PM
zhoban posted...
MedicFromHell posted...
Shadowangemon posted...
I'm thinking I keep getting instantly blown up by everything on sight. But I more favor running around, camping is boring boring boring. What do people even do for speedrunning? Closest thing I can think of is running Glacier in a circular kill-wave.

If you really want to learn how to speedrun ( Glacier especially or other maps ) you should PM me. Right now my team still holds the world record for Condor and also Goddess.

What difficulty do you usually speed run on? Also, is there any bare minimum that you need to have? You know, weapons, mods, characters, gear or consumables at specific levels?

Both on Platinum and Gold. The strategies hardly change between the two difficulties. The idea behind speedrunning is to just maximize on what you can do with what you have. Ideally you'd want something like we had on Glacier which was;

Two GI's w/whatever weapon you kill faster with ( probably Piranha or Claymore for speedruns ).

Two MQI's w/whatever weapons kill faster at slightly longer ranges ( probably Harrier or PPR ).

The other specifics are just personal taste. Whatever makes you kill faster means you can wipe a spawn faster which is really important. I imagine this setup is WAY easier to use now since tech bursts go off like they do and people can carry extra missiles for waves 5, 8 and 9 nuking.
---
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: Add GfaqsME3MPList to your XBL friends list! *Glacier King, Ice House. 3-1*
#22ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 7:56:26 PM
Ok, I'm watching the video. I can see what you're doing. I understand what's going on. What I can't figure out is how any of you manage to walk into the open without facing a fatal hail of gunfire. And I swear he's aiming faster than I can move my perspective.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#23Mr_PipboyPosted 12/5/2012 8:00:40 PM
Shadowangemon posted...
Ok, I'm watching the video. I can see what you're doing. I understand what's going on. What I can't figure out is how any of you manage to walk into the open without facing a fatal hail of gunfire. And I swear he's aiming faster than I can move my perspective.

The key is snap targeting. Move your unaimed gun near enough to an enemy and then snap into aim mode and fire at the same time. You should hit it. Aiming while zoomed is sluggish and slow. Snap targeting allows you quickly find and destroy enemies and then switch to a new target.

As far as walking in the open, its a feel thing, you'll get it eventually. I hardly ever take cover any more. If I do its to wait for my shields to go up or a power to cool down.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King of Rio 1-0
#24MedicFromHellPosted 12/5/2012 8:04:25 PM
Shadowangemon posted...

Lots of reasons.

1) Reading the spawn, where are the enemies looking? Can you break the line of sight if you have to? Which enemies spawned?

2) Stagger them *******. Prox Mine or Arc Grenade. Staggering alone in the beginning of a spawn attack can let you kill at least 2 or 3 trash mobs.

Many more reasons... easier to explain when talking I guess.
---
GT: Razerath
If you're looking for people to play ME3 with on 360: Add GfaqsME3MPList to your XBL friends list! *Glacier King, Ice House. 3-1*
#25ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 8:07:30 PM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
Shadowangemon posted...

The key is snap targeting. Move your unaimed gun near enough to an enemy and then snap into aim mode and fire at the same time. You should hit it. Aiming while zoomed is sluggish and slow. Snap targeting allows you quickly find and destroy enemies and then switch to a new target.

As far as walking in the open, its a feel thing, you'll get it eventually. I hardly ever take cover any more. If I do its to wait for my shields to go up or a power to cool down.

Oh, it wouldn't even occur to me to move while fine aiming. I can target just fine shooting from the hip. I only fine aim if I'm like, trying to headshot something from across the stage (usually with the Paladin, Crusader, or Sabre). It's just that my turning and stuff has always felt sluggish in this game. And I did confirm I have it set to high sensitivity.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"