Silver camping...

#1ShadowangemonPosted 12/5/2012 6:12:34 PM
Come on, guys. If you're gonna camp out in one spot on a map in Silver, at least pick a good one.

You know that like, "You can't win, I have the high ground!" line? That's a thing because being downhill from your enemies (with three lines of approach, no less) is not an idea position for offense or defense.

And honestly, it's contributing to how badly I'm sucking (I'm dead right now, btw). I'm a Vorcha with an Acolyte. I'm no good hunkering down in the back and I can't charge into the masses without someone watching my back...
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#2WatermelonFartsPosted 12/5/2012 6:14:08 PM
complaining here won't help
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of Sanctum
#3Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:15:27 PM
Oh, it's Gold. That explains a bit. I guess I'm also doing better than I would've expected.

Still, getting our asses kicked all around in extraction. I just gave up trying to gel at the end, there.
---
#4Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:17:09 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
complaining here won't help

I've gotta do something while I wait.

Also, I don't have a Gold membership. No voice.

And yeah, I just got kicked. In my defense, I was not the weakest link though it would've been nice to let me pick a better suited character.
---
#5zhobanPosted 12/5/2012 7:08:56 PM
Shadowangemon posted...
Come on, guys. If you're gonna camp out in one spot on a map in Silver, at least pick a good one.

You know that like, "You can't win, I have the high ground!" line? That's a thing because being downhill from your enemies (with three lines of approach, no less) is not an idea position for offense or defense.

And honestly, it's contributing to how badly I'm sucking (I'm dead right now, btw). I'm a Vorcha with an Acolyte. I'm no good hunkering down in the back and I can't charge into the masses without someone watching my back...

Which map were they camping? And why on Silver?
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#6led777Posted 12/5/2012 7:13:48 PM
I played a silver game last night with two Paladin's and something sporting the GPS. They were tucked away in a corner with the two Paladin's shields up and the shotgunner sniping stuff. I believe I was being trolled.
---
Life sucks. Wear a helmet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/led777/helmet.jpg
#7Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:13:50 PM
Turns out the room changed from Silver to Gold after I joined it without me noticing (or I wouldn't have taken the friggin Vorcha). But it was on Condor and they were in that lower area behind that wall. Y'know, the one that doesn't really provide much cover since two approaches let things fire over it and you're always open to at least one side.

I'm no expert but in my experience the top area is much better for that kinda thing. Two approaches, firing down.
---
#8zhobanPosted 12/5/2012 7:20:20 PM
Shadowangemon posted...
Turns out the room changed from Silver to Gold after I joined it without me noticing (or I wouldn't have taken the friggin Vorcha). But it was on Condor and they were in that lower area behind that wall. Y'know, the one that doesn't really provide much cover since two approaches let things fire over it and you're always open to at least one side.

I'm no expert but in my experience the top area is much better for that kinda thing. Two approaches, firing down.

I much preferred camping the beginning area, to me it was about the only good camping place.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)