Just finished ME Series for the first time, and quite frankly....

#1SimplyQuidPosted 12/7/2012 12:39:08 AM
I loved the ending. I did have the EC right from the get-go so that may have something to do with, but seriously. It was an amazing end to an amazing series. Hated that little AI-Child S.O.B., other than his ramblings the ending was great. I teared up a bit.

I don't know why people are so freaked out by it, I really don't. I was expected some awful travesty of a mess, but... This was not bad. A lot better than some games, that's for darned sure. It really makes me think, how badly self-absorbed is the gaming community in general that people raised thousands of dollars, complained to government agencies and basically had rage-strokes over this? Makes me sad, honestly....
#2jessica73Posted 12/7/2012 12:47:13 AM
I think a lot of people teared up. I had uncontrollable projectile vomiting and laughter at the same time, which was a really bad combo.
5-6 years build up to that? meh, I could have had a v8
---
a 7/10 from jess for bioware is like a 4/10 everywhere else - GP UltraVi0lence
#3SageOfLifePosted 12/7/2012 12:49:02 AM
Youtube the unaltered ending, then maybe you'll understand.
---
I am the lizard queen!
#4ShadowangemonPosted 12/7/2012 12:55:13 AM
The biggest issue is that what was delivered is exactly what we were promised wouldn't be.

During development, we were told the game would branch to different paths depending on our choices throughout the series, and each path would have multiple endings. We were told we wouldn't get this sorta "choose your ending" or three flavors of the same ending or a "Reaper off switch." And that's all we got.

Personally, I'm not against the ending. I'm just disappointed that we really only got one ending. And yeah, when everything converges to the same scene and you just pick the cutscene you like best, that's really just one ending. Same goes for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#5iamdanthamanPosted 12/7/2012 12:57:42 AM
I beat it before the EC and I felt the ending was rushed, not well explained, and a bit of a disappointment(before the EC), but I thought that the reaction by a lot of the fans was a bit much. If the ending of a video game really has that big of an effect on your life, you probably have bigger problems.
---
All your base are belong to us
#6ShadowangemonPosted 12/7/2012 1:06:53 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
I beat it before the EC and I felt the ending was rushed, not well explained, and a bit of a disappointment(before the EC), but I thought that the reaction by a lot of the fans was a bit much. If the ending of a video game really has that big of an effect on your life, you probably have bigger problems.

People get just as upset with novels, movies, comic books, tv shows... a lot of us poured dozens if not hundreds of hours into the series. I only played the games but there's a lot of other media as well. Overhyping is one thing (Peter Molyneux) but what we ended up getting were straight up lies.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#7strifechug2Posted 12/7/2012 1:27:24 AM
The original ending made me upset, basically W.T.F.s are spawning off my mouth as I stare at the rolling credits with that inappropriate music playing and when the final F.U. message popped out I paused for a few seconds and let out a final W.T.F.

EC cleared some of the W.T.F.s but the slide shows made me spawn even MOAR W.T.F.s
... cheap as hell buuut I got over it, it's like a final " we dun care message" ... meh I got over it and i got back to my daily productive daily routine with a big smile on my face.
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*
#8sirisaxmanPosted 12/7/2012 1:57:37 AM
SimplyQuid posted...
I loved the ending. I did have the EC right from the get-go so that may have something to do with, but seriously. It was an amazing end to an amazing series. Hated that little AI-Child S.O.B., other than his ramblings the ending was great. I teared up a bit.

I don't know why people are so freaked out by it, I really don't. I was expected some awful travesty of a mess, but... This was not bad. A lot better than some games, that's for darned sure. It really makes me think, how badly self-absorbed is the gaming community in general that people raised thousands of dollars, complained to government agencies and basically had rage-strokes over this? Makes me sad, honestly....

Unless you witness the original unaltered pre-EC ending, you'll never understand.

Now, I was one of those people that thought the original ending had some cool ideas, it was just LACKING. Not having everything explained to you is great, not having almost ANYTHING explained to you, however, can be frustrating.

All the raised money and gov't complaints, as rediculous as they may or may not have been, were spawned from the original, out of the box ending.

That said, the EC fixed MOST of my complaints with the game.
---
GT: MikkoMetevinio; Steam: sirisaxman
"Yes sir, a local airborne insurgency has infiltrated the U.S. zone designated as my pants, sir!" - Sgt. Lugo
#9BhelliumPosted 12/7/2012 2:08:04 AM(edited)
I dislike EC more than the original

EC took the unanswered questions them replaced it with dumb responses
---
You are now aware that the island of Tar Valon from the Wheel of Time is a yonic symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/9/9c/Tarvalonmap.png
#10CadaurnyPosted 12/7/2012 3:05:21 AM
Though I haven't played the game again, The EC ending HAS to be better than the original, the original was literally three poorly explained options that resulted in three cutscenes with different color explosions and then the Normandy crash-landed on some planet (completely abandoning the battle and Shepard) and the game was over. No explanation was made for what happens to the galaxy afterwards or how everyone survives since it looked like the Mass Relays were destroyed. A lot of people did overreact but one has to consider that ME was a pretty beloved series that many people had played through multiple times in an attempt to get their perfect playthrough and see the results of the hundreds of hours they played only to get slapped in the face with the abomination that is the original ending.
---
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!."