Please help me recover gels...

#1ShadowangemonPosted 12/7/2012 1:31:01 PM
Can someone who is capable of doing it with or without my help assist me in running Gold to recuperate my losses? I've had to use way too many gels in the past few days, largely because I've been the only one in the rooms willing to do so in order to finish an objective. Silver just takes too long to get the credits for all the stuff I need to unlock and the gels I need to replenish. I can hold my own alright in Gold, but I can't carry in Gold.
---
"Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for!"
#2sir_fredingtonPosted 12/7/2012 1:41:58 PM
Buy jumbo equipment packs. One silver match with the extraction bonus should be enough to get you one.
#3Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:47:20 PM
And... one Gold match is two and change. The point is, I still need help from someone competant enough that I don't have to use more gels while I'm trying to buy more.
---
#4openmindedhaterPosted 12/7/2012 1:55:00 PM
I would help, but s*** happens in gold and I don't want you raging at me lol.
---
GT:CaboozeTooks
#5Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:59:11 PM
Ok, let me put it this way: who wants to play with me on the condition that I'm just not going to gel? I don't mind using the others, I've got 250+ of all of them. But I've got like 50 gels. That's half of what I had a couple days ago. But I don't want people freaking out at me like I'm just giving up. I need credits for gels and because I've had suck all luck with the RNG lately.
---
#6meltor13Posted 12/7/2012 2:01:08 PM
just play on Silver for a bit. if you're not playing for the enjoyment of playing then you might as well stop now anyways.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#7Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:04:43 PM
I've been playing on Silver. For days now. That's how I used most of my gels, people giving up during objective waves. At this point I just want to unlock stuff and Silver just isn't cutting it. It's taking at least an hour for one PSP. I know lots of people can do better than that, I'm just hoping someone's willing to do it with me in the group.
---
#8iamdanthamanPosted 12/7/2012 2:20:29 PM
sir_fredington posted...
Buy jumbo equipment packs. One silver match with the extraction bonus should be enough to get you one.

Actually, the most cost effective way to get consumables is to buy recruit packs if you have ammo packs and spec ops packs maxed.
---
All your base are belong to us
#9Shadowangemon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:24:05 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
sir_fredington posted...

Actually, the most cost effective way to get consumables is to buy recruit packs if you have ammo packs and spec ops packs maxed.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll keep that in mind.
---
#10turtle225Posted 12/7/2012 2:32:20 PM
here is a good way to get up your gel count. (I went from 50 to 255 in a few days.) you said that you have near the max of your other items. Don't use them.

Keep thermal clip packs at 255 and ops packs at 255. You may die a little more often for not using ops packs, but it will work out in the end. Get missles up to 255 and only use them on emergencies (like usual, but be even a little more strict). Buy spectre packs (not premium). Only buy packs when missles are at 250 or 255.

This way, every spectre pack you buy is worth 5 gel and an occasional 5 missles. Even if you use all of your gel in one game, you will get 5 back which pretty much keeps you steady. Never use thermals or ops as they take away to chance to get gel. Only buy when missles are maxed or at 250 because getting 5 missles when you have 254 is no good.

be conservative with your gelling. never gel after wave ten objective completion or during extraction. You minimize your leeching since you can use your gels a bit more freely since you are gauranteed to get them back at the end of the game.

buy jumbos if you need to get your other consumables to 255. After that, buy spectres.

Hope this helps.
---
,=,e