Drell Vanguard Weaponry

#1Havoc49JPosted 12/7/2012 10:09:34 PM
I'm looking to improve my build and haven't really made any headway despite a lot of experimentation and respect cards.

Charge: Radius/Weapon Damage/Barriers
Cluster Grenades: Damage/Max Grenades/Damage
Passive: Weight & Power Damage/Headshot/Weapon Damage
Fitness: Shields/Recharge/Shield & Movement

Grenade Capacity 5
Adrenaline Mod 3
Shotgun Amp 3
Warp Ammo 4

Claymore HVB/Smart Choke

Essentially I'm looking to replace the Claymore with a heavy hitting but lighter alternative. I feel like I have to shy away from too many engagements because my long Charge cooldown isn't quick enough to sustain me. I have to spend more time staying alive than killing things.

My Findings:
Wraith IX - Lacking in damage and weak at range
Talon IX -Lacking in damage and weak at range
Graal X -Great range, laggy projectile off host, want a bit more damage
Raider X -Huge Spread, good damage
Reegar X -Good damage but I'm vulnerable to enemy fire while using . Boring Weapon

Has anyone found a sweet spot between cooldown and damage output that they could recommend? I'm just looking for some feedback, hoping someone will point out the Claymore is as good as it gets or that I'm just sucking with x weapon and I need to lurn 2 a!m.
---
King of London & Giant 11-4
#2code_kirinPosted 12/7/2012 10:23:34 PM
Talon and Wraith aren't weak... They're both deadly up close. Talon's spread can be tightened if you shoot from cover.
#3DivineFistOkaPosted 12/7/2012 10:28:11 PM
I've used the Eviscerator on some power-builds before, it's not gonna out damage the claymore, but it's lightweight for it's damage output. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it worked well on my tac-cloaking shotgunner, might be worth a shot. (Plus, I notice you haven't even tried it on your list)
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#4LilyxLightningPosted 12/7/2012 10:29:12 PM
The Talon is worth reconsidering—it packs quite a punch, has a good clip, and has a tight spread. Its low weight will also allow you to take a light rifle for longer range; a max-level Vindicator, for example, would give you around +150% cooldown speed if taken with a Talon IX.
---
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.
#5Havoc49J(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:56:37 PM
Just did some math.

Fully buffed damage (Ammo+Charge Bonus included)

Claymore X with HVB: 4326
Wraith IX with HVB: 3018.3995
Talon IX with Heavy Barrel: 1700.33
Raider X: 2375

The Wraith does have high damage but I simply can't seem to translate this into reality, primarily at range. In addition, the fire rate leaves a lot to be desired. I'll revisit it when I get the chance.

While I agree that the Talon is light enough to allow me to carry other weapons, the time spent swapping weapons is a big loss of damage and leaves me vulnerable during the animation. Plus as indicated by the numbers, Its a huge drop in damage.

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.
-Also, if someone knows the base non charge damage of the Graal it would be appreciated.
---
King of London & Giant 11-4
#6meltor13Posted 12/7/2012 11:03:51 PM
As a drell I use my fists. boo weapons.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#7ghosta2Posted 12/7/2012 11:08:29 PM
Piranha, use the Piranha.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#8manbearpig654Posted 12/7/2012 11:12:09 PM
Claymore up. Toss nades or flip while on cooldown.
---
Supreme Overlord of Palaven's Moons. Hero of Benning. Nuclear powered Reactor master.
5-3
#9code_kirinPosted 12/7/2012 11:16:08 PM
Havoc49J posted...
Just did some math.

Fully buffed damage (Ammo+Charge Bonus included)

Claymore X with HVB: 4326
Wraith IX with HVB: 3018.3995
Talon IX with Heavy Barrel: 1700.33
Raider X: 2375

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgoNSTctMEekdE1KYl9nak5Nbm41OXEyQ0VRbnRrMHc&output=html&gid=2

Multiply those values by 2.5x for headshots. Claymore is the only gun that's going to be one-shotting with body shots. Of course, not every pellet will hit the head, but enough of them can to let Wraith and Talon one hit kill even shielded enemies at point blank range (ie: after a charge). Keep in mind, Talon has a 1.5x shield multiplier as well.

As mentioned above, Piranha is also a great choice.
#10code_kirinPosted 12/7/2012 11:21:52 PM
As for Graal, I think it does 110x6. Charging it for 0.8 seconds gives it double damage. It also ignores armor DR and has a headshot bonus.