Drell Vanguard Weaponry

#11XgArrancarPosted 12/7/2012 10:24:15 PM
Wraith is pretty much best shotgun for vanguards, it also happens to be one of the shotguns with the lowest spread, so you finding at lacking in damage and ranged effectiveness means you are either not aiming for the head or just plain missing.
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#12CaelestinePosted 12/7/2012 11:06:06 PM
Hurricane. I think the HVB is bugged so you are still at 200% and armed with one of the highest DPS weapon in the game.
#13PoopMasterGoetzPosted 12/7/2012 11:22:37 PM
SMG HVB doesn't increase weight.
---
Gamertag: Triple Escape
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#14GoldenSWarriorsPosted 12/8/2012 12:21:42 AM
Use the Talon. It is not lacking damage, and it is decent from the range you should be using it from.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
My Krogan Rap: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/63422726
#15YamatoBeatsPosted 12/8/2012 1:48:37 AM
I would say to give the Wraith a go a few times. The rate of fire definitely leaves something to be desired but if you're looking for a faster recharge time with decent damage output, that's the go-to weapon. If I remember correctly you can also put the HVB on it without increasing its weight so that's definitely another plus.

If you're looking for more weapon damage, definitely go with the Claymore. If you're looking for better survivability, use a Wraith. You're sacrificing (what I think) a little damage for loads better cooldown.
#16Haley Joel OsmentPosted 12/8/2012 2:37:54 AM
ghosta2 posted...
Piranha, use the Piranha.

This.

---
I see dead people.
#17perfect_generalPosted 12/8/2012 3:26:07 AM
I like equipping mine with the Wraith. If you don't have it light enough yet, the eviscerator is a decent option. You really need the high cooldown for him to survive at the higher levels.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#18PhilOnDezPosted 12/8/2012 5:06:14 AM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
ghosta2 posted...
Piranha, use the Piranha.

This.

That. Also, if you put a scope on it, the talon pretty much plays like a sniper at up to medium range. It's ridiculously versatile, it deals bonus damage to shields, gets by shield gate to the same extent as any other shotgun, and it's not too terribly heavy. Definitely one of the weapons most deserving of its UR status.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#19perfect_generalPosted 12/8/2012 5:18:27 AM
I actually don't like the piranha for the drellguard because it requires sustained fire to be effective and he's really a hit and run kind of class and it stinks at longer ranges.
---
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
#20otakon2006Posted 12/8/2012 8:08:41 AM
The Disciple with the new barrel mod and accuracy mod works wonder on him, at least in my experience.