VGAs are a JOKE. was ok 6 years ago.

#11UtterMoonPosted 12/7/2012 11:19:11 PM(edited)
Good for them, I am tired of seeing games with the number 2 or 3 after their titles, The Walking Dead...was freaking fantastic, it wasn't a fps, it wasn't an rpg..it was a point and click adventure, and the fact that it won..gives me great hopes for the future.

The Walking Dead is one of the very few..few games..that has pulled emotions out of me, the choices truly mattered, and the story...was amazingly well done.

You say the choices don't matter? Then you obviously haven't played the game, plus there will always be an illusion of choice..every game is tailored to turn out one way or another, except perhaps RTS and turn based games.

I've rarely disagreed with a topic as much as I have disagreed with this one. The fact that a Xbox Live Arcade, point and click, choose your own adventure game..that costs 25 dollars, beat out Dishonored and the plethora of AAA sequels..makes me ecstatic.
#12RustyShacklefrdPosted 12/7/2012 11:40:42 PM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
Walking Dead was a subpar game through and through that dragged on and had such terrible writing and utterly limited mechanics that there was no room for any sense of growth. You got what you paid for: mediocrity. The only reason the game would be deserving of any awards is for its fairly innovative episodic release schedule.

Maybe after you actually play the game, you'll see the light.
#13DH4428Posted 12/7/2012 11:49:52 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Good for them, I am tired of seeing games with the number 2 or 3 after their titles, The Walking Dead...was freaking fantastic, it wasn't a fps, it wasn't an rpg..it was a point and click adventure, and the fact that it won..gives me great hopes for the future.

The Walking Dead is one of the very few..few games..that has pulled emotions out of me, the choices truly mattered, and the story...was amazingly well done.

You say the choices don't matter? Then you obviously haven't played the game, plus there will always be an illusion of choice..every game is tailored to turn out one way or another, except perhaps RTS and turn based games.

I've rarely disagreed with a topic as much as I have disagreed with this one. The fact that a Xbox Live Arcade, point and click, choose your own adventure game..that costs 25 dollars, beat out Dishonored and the plethora of AAA sequels..makes me ecstatic.

I agree with this. I actually found myself caring about Clem and wanting to kick in Kenny's face continually.
#14UtterMoonPosted 12/7/2012 11:51:52 PM
Yeah..for me I would have to say that Lilly brought the most emotion out, I have never been so livid at a fictional character before.
#15ZackG31Posted 12/8/2012 12:38:25 AM
TC just mad ME3 didnt get GOTY, judt admit it bro. The Walking Dead did a better choices and consequences and told a better story
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#16ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/8/2012 1:11:18 AM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
Walking Dead was a subpar game through and through that dragged on and had such terrible writing and utterly limited mechanics that there was no room for any sense of growth. You got what you paid for: mediocrity. The only reason the game would be deserving of any awards is for its fairly innovative episodic release schedule.

You're entitled to your opinion, though I'm pretty sure there is a very large sum of critics that would like to disagree with you.

Walking Dead deserved Game of the Year, it truly may be the best thing to come out of this year (-and- it's a new IP).
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#17ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/8/2012 1:19:32 AM(edited)
Also, I don't mean to pull the "I told you so" card, but I -did- mention a long time ago that ME3 had absolutely no chance of getting Game of the Year. True, I was expecting Assassins' Creed III, but I'd say Walking Dead is far more deserving.

Anybody who hasn't played it yet, get the full game. It releases next week for 40 dollars I think.

Edit: It's going to be 30 actually. That's a -lot- of bang for your buck.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#18ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/8/2012 1:43:08 AM
I can't find evidence of Game Informer giving ME3 GotY, but I figure you might be interested in this.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/12/07/why-the-walking-dead-is-one-of-the-best-games-of-2012.aspx

The very same people that supposedly gave ME3 GotY claim that Walking Dead is one of the best things to come out of 2012. Is Game Informer just as much of a joke as the VGAs, then, or do they get special privilege because they decided to rate -your- favorite game above Walking Dead?
---
#19ChronoAcePosted 12/8/2012 2:08:28 AM
Even if the ending to ME3 wasn't god awful it still doesn't deserve any type of award, as meaningless as they may be. Tuchanka and Rannoch were awesome and that was really it, the rest of the game was mediocre compared to ME1 and 2.
#20Haley Joel OsmentPosted 12/8/2012 2:39:00 AM(edited)
Walking Dead is a far better game than Mass Effect 3. That is a fact.

---
I see dead people.