Re-rate the power: Overload

#51WatermelonFartsPosted 12/9/2012 6:09:53 PM
code_kirin posted...
ReyMilansteryo posted...
Malzel posted...
ReyMilansteryo posted...
LodeiroSnake posted...
Damn u all sound like its a godly power, but if u dont have a teamate with a tech skill then (or any class besides Human Engineer) is it STILL a 10/10 or 9/10 skill then?

@Rey
Good ol times with the Arc Projector at ME2 ^____^

He got a great point here though.....

No

The Turian Sentinel can detonate his own TBs with Warp/
The Geth Engineer gets boosts from Hunter Mode and the Ghost gets a boost from T.Cloak, and they both benefit from stunning enemies and stripping shields. The former also has the potential to detonate fire explosions if using the flamethrower turret.

exactly, it need BOOSTS from OTHER powers to make Overload stronger

What exactly is your point here?

that overload sucks by itself and it needs to be boosted by other powers is his point

it might be hard to spot, i know
---
Absolute Monarch of The Lands of Hazardonia, Dictator of Sanctum
#52sheepman23Posted 12/9/2012 6:11:46 PM
WatermelonFarts posted...
Except when you're against a Ravager, Brute, Praetorian, Scion, Geth Prime, Geth Pyro/Dragoon (depending), Atlas, or Banshee.

What about all of the lesser enemies that are running around, trying to kill you while you focus on a boss? Overload wipes them out.

Oh, and fire explosions, given you're a Human Engineer, a Geth Engineer, or have anyone in the group with Incinerate, Carnage, or Flamer.
#53code_kirinPosted 12/9/2012 6:13:45 PM
that overload sucks by itself and it needs to be boosted by other powers is his point

I'm not seeing any valid points about why Overload sucks by itself.
#54WatermelonFartsPosted 12/9/2012 6:13:55 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Except when you're against a Ravager, Brute, Praetorian, Scion, Geth Prime, Geth Pyro/Dragoon (depending), Atlas, or Banshee.

What about all of the lesser enemies that are running around, trying to kill you while you focus on a boss? Overload wipes them out.

Oh, and fire explosions, given you're a Human Engineer, a Geth Engineer, or have anyone in the group with Incinerate, Carnage, or Flamer.

Almost any power in the game can detonate a fire explosion, so I don't consider that anything special.

You also have a gun for a reason.
---
#55WatermelonFartsPosted 12/9/2012 6:14:35 PM
code_kirin posted...

I'm not seeing any valid points about why Overload sucks by itself.

It's only merit imo is the Ghost's damage with Overload when you cloak and take the neural shock evo
---
#56MalzelPosted 12/9/2012 6:16:14 PM
No, LodeiroSnake's original point was that it needed additional teammates with tech skills to be used well. ReyMilansteryo said he agreed with it, I argued against it, then ReyMilansteryo tried making it seem like he was talking about something else all along.

And no, it doesn't always need additional powers to be used well; it stuns, chains, acts instantaneously and does bonus damage to shields. Nobody is taking points off of powers like Throw, Warp and Shockwave just because they're explicitly better when used in power combos. Plus the point of this rerate is to factor in the recent change to power combos.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#57WatermelonFartsPosted 12/9/2012 6:18:51 PM
Malzel posted...
No, LodeiroSnake's original point was that it needed additional teammates with tech skills to be used well. ReyMilansteryo said he agreed with it, I argued against it, then ReyMilansteryo tried making it seem like he was talking about something else all along.

And no, it doesn't always need additional powers to be used well; it stuns, chains, acts instantaneously and does bonus damage to shields. Nobody is taking points off of powers like Throw, Warp and Shockwave just because they're explicitly better when used in power combos. Plus the point of this rerate is to factor in the recent change to power combos.

i don't see why, then, every single power that can detonate needs to be re-rated if they all received the same change
---
#58MalzelPosted 12/9/2012 6:21:00 PM
Malzel posted...

i don't see why, then, every single power that can detonate needs to be re-rated if they all received the same change

Because don't ask me I didn't make the topic.

It is one of the few powers which has the capability for multiple detonations in one cast. A lot of powers have gotten slightly better with the new mechanics, but Overload was always good.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#59AnonyMouseXPosted 12/9/2012 6:36:01 PM
*adept walks into thread*

*flips table*

*walks out*

0/10
#60fennell92Posted 12/9/2012 6:39:18 PM
AnonyMouseX posted...
*adept walks into thread*

*flips table*

*walks out*