Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#1Safer_777Posted 12/14/2012 3:37:39 AM
I don't understand.There isn't a single reason to use 2 weapons.There are ammo boxes everywhere.Even if you play Soldier you still don't need to use 2.So why so many people use 2?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#2BashyMcFetusPosted 12/14/2012 3:43:12 AM
Different purposes. I can run both acolyte and hurricane with HVB on my casters and still have 200% cooldown. The acolyte for shields and barriers, and hurricane for everything else.

Also, on higher difficulties, running to an ammo box can be very risky, and if all you have is the harrier, you will run out of ammo. It's nice to have something, even if it's only a peashooter, as backup.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#3Halo_ForeverPosted 12/14/2012 4:21:51 AM(edited)
Safer_777 posted...
I don't understand.There isn't a single reason to use 2 weapons.There are ammo boxes everywhere.Even if you play Soldier you still don't need to use 2.So why so many people use 2?

Do you really want to quick scope Phantoms in CQB with a Javelin or Mantis? Or snipe with the Reegar? Snipe with the Hurricane? Acolyte only against Reapers?

The Destroyer has no reason why he wouldn't have 2 weapons, there is nothing on his that requires better cooldown.

The Turian Ghost + GI both cloak cancel their active powers so cooldown matters very little unless we are talking about -100%, where accidentally using the a CD skill would make it really slow.

Additionally the Krogan Sentinel can easily be specced with Tech Armor + Lift Grenades making them also cooldown independent.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#4twinstarnumber1Posted 12/14/2012 4:30:01 AM
There are plenty of reasons why someone would carry two weapons, saying there isn't is just plain ridiculous.
---
XBL Gamertag: Mydarkstar --- PSN: Mydarkstar
#5BhelliumPosted 12/14/2012 4:30:12 AM
all Infiltrators should carry a hurricane secondary
especially the TGI

but yes, different guns for different purposes
what was foolish on release is not so when everyone's rocking lightweight Model X's
---
You are now aware that the island of Tar Valon from the Wheel of Time is a yonic symbol.
http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/9/9c/Tarvalonmap.png
#6find no fan tar seaPosted 12/14/2012 4:56:13 AM
Bhellium posted...
all Infiltrators should carry a hurricane secondary
especially the TGI

but yes, different guns for different purposes
what was foolish on release is not so when everyone's rocking lightweight Model X's

Yes, I always switch my weapons around when fighting different enemies. Acolyte for shields/barriers, sniper for long distant shooting, shotguns for close combats etc...

I don't see the point of having a 200% cool down even for my 'power dependent class'. Like you won't notice much difference between a 2.5 sec versus a 2.9 second recharging speed. I'd rather have a extra backup weapon to fall back on just in-case.
---
God, I have to work both sides of the street to pay that off!!
#7XgArrancarPosted 12/14/2012 5:11:25 AM
Why do you assume the reason people pick 2 weapons is for ammo? It's inherently obvious why people would take 2 weapons, what a stupid question.
---
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
#8MightyMillersPosted 12/14/2012 5:30:09 AM
Yeah there are many reasons why, one if I don't have armor piece ammo mods, and am going up against Cerberus and play an adept that doesn't have pull I will go with an SMG for most enemies and have a pistol with armor piece attachment so when I come up against a Guardian I can take him out with the pistol.

Also the most simple reason is I like to vary my gameplay if I get bored with one weapon I have options.

Also if I play as an infiltrator I will use the Widow for long range and take an SMG for close quarters.

If I am testing out a new weapon I haven't used before I will take a second weapon I am used to using just in case I suck with the new weapon.

etc etc.
#9orangeneePosted 12/14/2012 5:35:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 6:41:55 AM
People who take two weapons are just bad, and think they need to have different guns for different situations. Mostly people who stay in one spot the whole time.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher