Why there are so many people using 2 weapons?

#11NS_RegentParkPosted 12/14/2012 6:45:31 AM
Normally on weapons-based classes where cooldowns don't matter, I usually take two heavy ass weapons. But sometimes people carry two JUST IN CASE. Usually those people end up using the one weapon. I usually carry an Acolyte alone on my Asari classes -- it deals enough damage to use on its own.
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#12sheepman23Posted 12/14/2012 6:45:58 AM
I generally avoid doing it just because you have to actually switch weapons, which (to me) is a hassle. Also, as someone who generally plays as Engineers or Adepts, I try to utilize powers as much as possible. Sure, the in between times are great for my weapon, but I don't need an extra one or it just messes me up (and also hinders my recharge speed most of the time).
#13orangeneePosted 12/14/2012 6:47:30 AM
Nafzger posted...
People who take two weapons are just bad, and think they need to have different guns for different situations. Mostly people who stay in one spot the whole time.

Or they want to get 2 weapon challenges done at once. Getting the turkeys done quickly is always good.

Granted it only to newer players like myself but still.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#14InsaneriderPosted 12/14/2012 7:00:54 AM
If you're using a sniper rifle, that heavy pistol starts to look REAL good when you're getting rushed by melee mooks in a small room.
I think you'd be stupid NOT to run two weapons on certain classes, especially Infiltrators and assuming they do it because they're bad or they camp is wrong, totally wrong. If you're not running two weapons on your Soldiers and Infiltrators, you're doing it wrong.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#15MurphysGhostPosted 12/14/2012 7:04:48 AM
Because the weapon switch animation is cool. Sometimes I just switch weapons for a whole round in between killing enemies with cover grabs.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#16NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:06:26 AM
Insanerider posted...
If you're using a sniper rifle, that heavy pistol starts to look REAL good when you're getting rushed by melee mooks in a small room.
I think you'd be stupid NOT to run two weapons on certain classes, especially Infiltrators and assuming they do it because they're bad or they camp is wrong, totally wrong. If you're not running two weapons on your Soldiers and Infiltrators, you're doing it wrong.

lol@ 2 weapons on soldiers. Go back to bronze, junior.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#17BitterBearPosted 12/14/2012 7:12:49 AM
Nafzger posted...
People who take two weapons are just bad, and think they need to have different guns for different situations. Mostly people who stay in one spot the whole time.

Wow. This couldn't be more wrong. Reasons to take two weapons:

-You're playing a cooldown-ignoring class and build, like a Destroyer or Krogan Sentinel. Why not take two weapons?

-You're taking two light-weight weapons that serve different purposes (ex. Acolyte + Hurricane).

-You're taking one heavy weapon with a light-weight backup because there are some situations where the heavy weapon isn't the optimal choice (ex. Black Widow + Hurricane).

-One of the weapons is the Acolyte. That gun is so versatile and light there's almost no excuse not to carry it, period.

Nafzger, I really hope you were joking/trolling, because that's one of the most ignorant things I've seen anyone say on these boards yet (which is really saying something).
#18MightyMillersPosted 12/14/2012 7:14:39 AM
Nafzger posted...
Insanerider posted...

lol@ 2 weapons on soldiers. Go back to bronze, junior.

I agree with Insanerider but then we haven't had the luxury of 600+ hours gameplay on this thing to hone our skills.
#19NafzgerPosted 12/14/2012 7:23:16 AM
BitterBear posted...
Wow. This couldn't be more wrong. Reasons to take two weapons:

-You're playing a cooldown-ignoring class and build, like a Destroyer or Krogan Sentinel. Why not take two weapons?

-You're taking two light-weight weapons that serve different purposes (ex. Acolyte + Hurricane).

-You're taking one heavy weapon with a light-weight backup because there are some situations where the heavy weapon isn't the optimal choice (ex. Black Widow + Hurricane).

-One of the weapons is the Acolyte. That gun is so versatile and light there's almost no excuse not to carry it, period.

Nafzger, I really hope you were joking/trolling, because that's one of the most ignorant things I've seen anyone say on these boards yet (which is really saying something).

1) What purpose would having two weapons serve? Even if you don't have to worry about cooldown, you don't need two weapons. You're basically just taking them to show off how you don't have a cooldown. It's pointless.

2) You don't need an acolyte if you have a Hurricane. Hurricanes will rip down shields just fine. The Acolyte is the new crutch weapon. We were dropping shields just fine before it came out. You don't need to take it.

3) If you need a backup weapon to accompany your sniper rifle, you shouldn't be sniping. Everything should be dead before it gets to you. If you're getting flanked it's because you're staying in one spot too long, ie CAMPING.

4) See above. It doesn't matter how light it is, you do not need. Get better.

Lesson learned.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#20Evil EngelPosted 12/14/2012 7:26:16 AM
Yeah, who would even need more than one weapon </sarcasm>
---
http://www.afternoontiger.com - my naruto page
http://www.dimipapa.com - my homepage